Job Title: Backend Software Engineer
Salary: location of the candidate is considered for salary
Our vision is to make the company the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications. The innovation & incubation team has finished incubating a product aimed to help merchants reduce e-commerce consumer drop-offs and is looking to hire an all-star team that can scale the business under the innovation organization. Joining this team will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. You will be able to scale a first-in-class product leveraging company assets and capabilities and drive significant value back to the business. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape. Our team is made up of builders and you should be no exception!
- Build product features into performant, clean code in a test-driven design methodology
- Create REST based microservice APIs for consumption by mobile and web platforms
- Strong experience building complex user interfaces
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow engineers.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performance code base
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- Building robust and scalable backend software
- Architecting and implementing system and APIs
- Helping improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and code reviews
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with team
- 3+ years of experience in backend development
- 3+ years of Java, C#, or equivalent experience
- Experience in enterprise integration
- Experience with serverless technology such as AWS Lambda or Azure Functions
- Experience managing AWS and/or Azure cloud infrastructure
- Experience architecting complex asynchronous microservice APIs
- Experience with database design (relationship databases like SQL Server, MySQL, PostgresSQL) and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Proven background working to create and improve CI/CD pipelines
- Strong people skills that contribute to an open and collaborative environment
- Designing and developing service-based architectures (micro-services architecture a plus) & integration with existing systems/applications (legacy and API) & 3rd party systems.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD etc.
- Experience in communicating ideas and decisions to a variety of team members
- An ability to embrace and reduce uncertainty through continual validated learning
- Bachelor’s in computer science and/or equivalent experience
- Prior working experience in start-up environment or corporate innovation team
- Fintech experience
- Entrepreneurial track record: we want builders!
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering