The Business Analyst will drive the requirements gathering and user story development required for the successful implementation of digital capabilities. This role will focus on development of enterprise systems (consumer and internal), data strategy, and integration of foundational technology across the product management team. You will collaborate cross-functionally with business partners, external vendors, engineers, other product managers, designers, and most importantly, application users. You’ll constantly look for ways to improve the overall experience for users, understand the competitive landscape, share your ideas, and take action to deliver positive outcomes.
Title: Business Analyst
Visa Status: GC or USC
Length: Full Time, will hire immediately for right candidate
Our full-time home team members all receive:
100% Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. As well as 100% coverage for their dependents.
Cell phone expense reimbursement up to $100/mo, Internet bill reimbursement up to $75/mo.
401K after 3 months with 3% company match
Equity of 9,000 options. All exempt employees will be eligible for it.
His role also has up to a 10-15% discretionary bonus potential and it is fully remote. There are also living and travel discounts in our communities.
- Business/operations experience mainly with a little tech savvy understanding with 2-6 years overall experience.
- Possibly has taken a python coding course
- Someone who can describe where they fit into their career currently and where they see themselves going
- Somebody who doesn’t have a ton of detail on their resumes, and are straight to the point
- Someone who can engage!
- Some interest in Tech
- Someone who has real estate experience would be a plus!
Challenges the company has been facing:
*Everyone does it, but nobody is good at it
*Terrible culture fit
- Work directly with business stakeholders and product managers in an agile environment to understand the individual needs of the business, translating them into user stories for engineering teams
- Analyze current business processes and make recommendations for improvement based on industry trends and professional business knowledge
- Responsible for obtaining business rules and requirements information by interviewing business personnel and by mining laws, regulations, and policy documents
- Use a variety of data analysis and organization tools to discover the most impactful insights
- Help to define and build a unified technical vision for our own technologies, ensuring that we choose the best tools for the job and know how to tie them all together in a scalable, flexible way
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Two or more years of Business Analyst experience in an agile environment
- Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to write requirements, use cases, and user stories
- Experience using a Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate to leadership, product management, engineers and other technical team members
- At least 3 years’ experience Jira functions, or equivalent experience required
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and creatively solve issues independently
- Great analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Adaptable and capable of working in fast-paced environments
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business analysis, technology, business administration, finance or related field
- Humility, a desire to make others better, and the ability to exhibit grace and humor under pressure will also go a long way toward making you successful on this small, cross-functional team
- Industry experience in multifamily residential housing, home sharing/short-term rentals, or property technology a plus