As a Cloud Architect – Service Mesh Architect, you must be a natural problem solver, you think the best answer is the simplest and most elegant. You’ll work within an agile delivery team and use your skills to create and customize applications on Cloud native wireless platforms. You will help implement an Enterprise Service Mesh to power our microservices and APIs. We are looking for engineers with a passion for programming and knowledge in Cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Native apps, VMs, Microservices and APIs
In this role, you will be a key member of the engineering team which will implement an enterprise scale service mesh with focus on scalability, performance, security and availability. As a member of this team you will provide hands on experience with Service Mesh and SideCar architectures, Cloud native architecture, Kubernetes, Security, Networking, Observability and Distributed Tracing.
● Help build and scale containerized apps
● Build complex integrations with enterprise systems for Security, Distributed Tracing, Telemetry, and others.
● Architecture, prototyping and leading the development of a new deployment platform based on Kubernetes, ideally in AWS.
● Helping design, architect and implement a new unified hybrid (on-prem and cloud) observability platform.
● Driving prototyping efforts to evaluate multiple design options and develop recommendations.
● Driving the design and development of platform interface to other systems.
● Develop and support tooling around configuration management.
● Enhance existing Tool Chain through internal development and investigation of third party software.
● Work with Software Engineers to develop and support our Continuous Delivery process.
● Working with product managers to translate the use case requirements into functional and performance requirements for the platform.
● Produce clean, well-documented code, with embedded unit tests, following development standard methodologies
● Stay up-to-date on meaningful new technologies and produce thought leadership
● 7+ Years of Cloud implementation and architecture experience
● 4+ years Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
● 5+ years experience architecting, designing and operationalizing enterprise-ready container orchestration platforms on Kubernetes and hybrid platforms.
● 1+ years of implementation experience with Servicemesh such as Istio or Tanzu Service mesh or any other Istio based service mesh
● 5 + years experience in modern scripting and development languages: Java, Python, Ruby, Chef etc.
● 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and building cloud-native architectures for cloud such as AWS and Hybrid platforms.
● Well versed with Circuit breaker, Traffic routing, Service discovery patterns
● Robust understanding of Authentication, Authorization and gateway patterns
● Experienced with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
● Implement service mesh on the company’s multi cloud/Hybrid platform
● Experienced with observability tools to set up next-generation monitoring, logging, alerting and dashboarding capabilities. Experience with tools such as DynaTrace, NewRelic, CloudWatch, Prometheus, and Grafana.
● Good knowledge of Linux systems and subsystems.
● Experience preferred with REST/gRPC, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud native apps
● Understanding of networking principles, performance testing, CICD and DevOps
● Well versed with using SDLC CI/CD pipelines to automated infrastructure testing of large system deployments
● Self-motivated, ability to collaborate and drive results
● Proven ability to lead a team of engineers
● Ability to experiment with, learn and apply new technologies quickly
● Well versed with in technical leadership and mentoring roles
● Ability to apply long term perspective to tactical situations
● Excellent Analytical and problem solving skills
● Good communication skills.
● Experience in Telecom sector will be a big plus< Back to Job Search