A Cloud Security Engineer will work closely with architecture peers across all of Information Technology and Cybersecurity to ensure that wireless projects and new initiatives are secured in accordance with audit and policy requirements. This role will represent Information Security principles and requirements, maintain security of all platforms, provide proactive analysis, testing, and active monitoring of environments, develop strategies for risk mitigation, and cooperatively work with other teams to develop strategies for critical event response and recovery.
Location: Littleton, CO
- Identify and assess all threat vectors impacting our virtualized and cloud native platforms
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of server infrastructure, and kubernetes containers
- Conduct investigations of vulnerability reports, triage, and reproducing issues
- Implement in-depth cloud infrastructure security to cover both the control and service planes
- Develop automated methods for managing and maintaining security as a long-term, evolving solution
- Develop automated security response tools
- Anticipate resource needs based on project schedules and expected throughput
A successful Cloud Security Engineer will have the following at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Security, Cyber Security, or a related technical degree; four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 or more years of professional experience working in Information Security.
- Highly developed understanding of networking protocols, such as: TCP-IP, SSL/TLS, LDAP/S, IPsec, DNS
- Experience with data privacy standards, such as: PII, PCI, and ITAR compliance
- Understanding of threat landscape including code and OS vulnerabilities
- Detailed understanding of Cloud security fundamentals, including cryptography and the shared responsibility approach
- Proactive integration of security into the development process.
Preferred additional experience:
- 2 or more years experience in CI/CD pipeline development or multi-environment software deployments
- CompTIA Security+, CCSP, CISSP, CCNA Security, or related certifications
- Experience in distributed, client-facing production environments involving hybrid network topologies (cloud and traditional data centers)
- Detailed understanding of AWS Security principles and services
- Ability to perform smoke testing/sanity testing of pre-prod deployed environments
- Direct, hands-on experience with Linux security assessment tools, such as WireShark, nmap, Nessus, etc.
Salary: $110K-$125K/year< Back to Job Search