Job Title: Cyber Security Threat Analyst
Max Salary: up to 103K
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The focus of the Cyber Security Threat Analyst is to distinguish, interrupt and suppress threat actors on enterprise networks. To execute this mission, the Threat Analyst will use data analysis, threat intelligence, and cutting-edge security technologies. Working within the Security Analysis and Operations Team at the company, the Cyber Security Threat Analyst is responsible for detecting and assessing cyber security events and incidents across the enterprise environment. Threat Analysts will also participate in developing processes, procedures, training, etc. for new technologies. The candidate must have a curious investigative mind, an interest in information security, and the ability to communicate complex ideas to varied audiences.
- Examine alerts from various security monitoring tools, perform triage & determine scope of threats; escalate as necessary.
- Develop and analyze dashboards and reports to identify potential threats, suspicious/anomalous activity, malware, etc
- Coordinate with End user computing groups that are exhibiting unusual behavior (i.e. excessive firewall denials, Okta logins from unusual geo-locations) to have them assist in troubleshooting/remedying the issues.
- Assist with ServiceNow tickets relating to whitelisting & user internet access by researching the domains being requested for security/reputation, liaising with users for additional details, and passing the tickets along for implementation in the proxies.
- Manage various Proof-of-Concept implementations for threat hunting platforms/tools to evaluate if they would be beneficial for the organization by providing additional visibility into the enterprise environment and increasing incident response time.
- Provide Tier 2 & Tier 3 support as needed
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- 3+ years’ experience in Information Security
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with SIEM
- Experience with cyber threat intelligence
- Experience with EDR
- Prior experience working with in the following areas:
- Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT)
- Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC)
- Security Operations Center (SOC)
- The following certifications are strongly desired:
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- SANS Institute/GIAC