Job Title: Head of Data Architecture
About the Innovation & Incubation Team
Our vision is to make the company the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications.
The innovation & incubation team has finished incubating a product aimed to help merchants reduce e-commerce consumer drop-offs and is looking to hire an all-star team that can scale the business under the innovation organization.
Joining this team will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. You will be able to scale a first in class product leveraging our clients assets and capabilities and drive significant value back to the business. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape.
Our team is made up of builders and you should be no exception!
We’re looking for a Data Architect who will report to the Head of Engineering. You will play a critical role in driving our overall data strategy – developing, optimizing, and overseeing our platform’s conceptual and logical data systems. Your responsibilities will include preparing architect reports, monitoring the system health and performance, and the general supervision of system migrations.
- Design and implement database solutions and models
- Formulates the organizational data strategy, including standards of data quality, the flow of data within the organization, and security of data
- Identify database structural improvements by evaluating operations, applications, and programming
- Implementation and management of data management and data analytics systems
- Monitor DB platform performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems
- Educate your colleagues through training and individual support
- Help in triaging issues
- Cross squad collaboration and knowledge transfer
- Drive the development of a loosely coupled microservice architecture.
- Work with the Head of Engineering on setting KPIs and managing alignment with them
- Focus on ensuring consistency in the quality of our platform releases
- Ability to operate independently
- Ability to exhibit solid decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Prior 5+ years of experience
- Experience working with Postgres
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities
- Outstanding problem solver
- Prior experience working on the design, implementation, and delivery of high transaction volume with low latency enterprise solutions
- Strong communication skills – mediation and negotiation skills