Job Title: DevOps Engineer II
Location: Remote *prefers they are near one of the home offices: Boca Raton FL, Irving TX, Bluebell PA, Denver
Architects cloud computing infrastructure for software applications and data management, accounting for cost, reliability, security, and maintainability. Designs and implements networking, compute, and storage solutions, application deployment pipelines and integrations with external services to deploy and operate software applications in the cloud.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Can architect infrastructure for cloud computing solutions and implement the foundation for application environments and the software deployment pipelines that feed them.
- A leader and partner in design activities and capable of building quality code to support them. Flexible mindset to new implementation techniques and able to incorporate new techniques in cloud computing.
- Able to implement cloud hosting solutions for developed applications. Can create effective test mechanisms for cloud computing resources.
- Skills in documenting deliverables in a collaborative and clear manner. Capable of making updates to reflect changes to work products submitted.
- Strong teamwork aptitude and ability to partner with juniors to provide guidance and learning opportunities.
- Fluency in communication and relaying of technical details on feature operation and design decisions within the working team.
- Can contribute to the body-of-knowledge relating to new and existing software platforms.
- Able to lead Proof-of-Concept activities.
Education: Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 7-12 years
Skills: Proficiency in (several): Linux system administration: package management, shell scripting, client/server protocols, job scheduling and management. Cloud server provisioning and networking, cloud resource permission management. Version control systems.
Tools: AWS (required), Git (required), Terraform (required), Jenkins (preferred)