The DevOps Engineer will work closely with peers across all of Wireless to administer and manage all components of the 5G Wireless platform:
- This person will work with CI/CD, monitoring, configuration, and infrastructure management.
- This person will contribute to the creation and maintenance of the world’s first green-field, self-healing, software-defined 5G network, to include scaling, slicing/dimensioning, and expansion of this highly-available, distributed network.
- This person will bridge the hardware-software divide by creating infrastructure as code (IaC) which can run on metal, in the cloud, or in a containerized environment. All of which make possible the implementation of Edge and cloud-based application deployment, reliability, resiliency, and observability.
- This person will deploy automation and best practices for production & non-prod environments including public/private cloud & Edge migration of our mission critical applications from the on-prem and remote data-centers.
- Be dedicated to a “automate everything” mindset to reduce toil (and thereby operating expense and difficulty) to below 10%
- Ensure code is highly instrumented to support efficient analysis and E2E troubleshooting across all layers.
- Write error handling methods and procedures, utilizing proven techniques that ensure Intra- function data streams are monitored and available for consumers
- Recommend and support data collection, integration and retention requirements
- Follow best coding practices and follow industry standards to ensure code is properly written, stored, backed up, protected, tested, commented and survivable beyond the authors departure.
- Collaborate with and support multiple teams, providing technical answers, recommendations and deliverables in a timely manner
- Collaborate with vendors and internal network teams to subscribe, store and leverage key performance indicator data
- Generate summary reports and analysis presentations for management and clients
- Be passionate about team success, personal growth and being part of something big
- Mentor other team members with best code practices and disciplines.
- Share knowledge learned with coworkers and other extended teams
- Other duties as assigned
A successful DevOps Engineer will have the following at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 4 or more years of professional experience working within a DevOps structure.
- Experience with IaC:
- Ansible and/or Terraform
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes and Docker for microservices deployment
- Demonstrated use of CI/CD with unit testing to acceptance testing:
- Gitlab highly preferred
- Deep understanding of relational database design and implementation
- 2+ years building public API’s and ability to design and implement RESTful APIs
- Experienced in of one or more of the following languages:
- Python (preferred)
- Bash/Zsh/Csh, etc
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
Salary: $100K-$115K/year< Back to Job Search