Job Title: Director – Capital Markets Operations
Location: McLean, VA
Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As our employee, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining us is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the ourfamily.
Our client is hiring a Director, Capital Markets Operations at our McLean, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for overseeing the settlement, due diligence and monthly reporting activity on loan participation sales and other activity associated with Portfolio Acquisitions, Sales, new third party relationships and securitization assistance. The incumbent will primarily oversee and monitor the loan sale settlement process, asset level due diligence, collateral marking, investor reporting and investor remittance activity for several consumer asset sale transactions. Additionally, this position will be required to coordinate with several internal teams to ensure appropriate controls and communication.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
* Lead the effort to consolidate and transfer key loan participation activity into the Capital Markets Operations division by implementing process improvements and realigning roles and responsibilities for the function. Oversee the documentation of processes, procedures, controls, roles, and responsibilities to ensure a well-managed operation.
* Assist in the pricing, due diligence, purchase, and sale of consumer portfolios and facilitate interactions with brokers, potential buyers in the portfolio due diligence and other operational aspects.
* Oversee and manage the credit due diligence process for both purchase and sale of loan portfolios (both organic and purchased from third parties).
* Lead the publication of the monthly investor reporting package and respond to any investor queries or questions related to the loan sale or securitization transactions.
* Work with individual product, accounting, collections, credit, IT, Data, and operations teams to build the necessary infrastructure to automate the loan participation sale process.
* Point of contact for brokers and other third-party investors for any questions on credit due diligence for portfolio sales and review of credit/underwriting/collection and servicing policies. Coordinate with third party partners (Fintechs and other institutions) and internal teams to ensure proper transfer and coding of loan data.
* Provide support for Consumer securitization analytics and investor reporting functions for ABS securitizations done by our company
* Maintain knowledge of current industry regulation, processes and developments through publications, membership in professional organizations and contact with other financial institutions.
* Review closing documents to ensure accurate disclosures and deal terms for loan sales and securitizations. Leverage knowledge of Securitization regulations such as Credit Risk Retention requirements, Regulation AB, investor due diligence requirements and ensure compliance with these rules and regulations for all the upcoming securitization transactions.
* Oversight, training and mentoring two direct reports performing operational functions.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Batchelor’s degree in a business-related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Minimum of twelve (12) years of work experience in financial services required.
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience of management experience
* Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in consumer lending
* Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in securitization
* Extensive knowledge of Structured Finance securitized trust funding mechanisms including interpreting trust documentation requirements into operational policies and tools.
* Demonstrated ability to manage complex enterprise-wide projects and end-to-end implementations that require building strong working relationships across the organization.
* Provides leadership to managers and other junior professional associates within the team.
* Track record of successfully executing consumer ABS securitization transactions interacting with multiple stake holders internally and externally within the organization.
This position will supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
CTP is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to investor locations occasionally may be required.< Back to Job Search