Engineer I/II – IT F5 Team (Cloud & App Operations)
# Positions: 1
Location: in office at many locations – Englewood, CO, Denver, CO, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ
Salary: 87K-125K or higher with AWS experience or certifications
Team Size: 3-4
Transforming the future of connectivity. We’re doing it by building the country’s first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it’s a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic, and transformative needs of the changing world. Equipped with Boost Mobile and its 9 million customers as the newest part of the Client brand, we’re setting our sights on competing in the prepaid and postpaid retail wireless market as the nation’s fourth facilities-based mobile carrier.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The IT F5 team is focused on streamlining access and connectivity to Client’s core business applications as well as enabling partner connectivity in a safe and secure manner. The F5 team is an essential part of the Client business. As a member of this team, you’ll be creating new VIPs, adding members to pools, ensuring that the proper SSL configurations are applied, writing custom iRules, updating F5 operating systems all in a virtual environment that is both public and private clouds. You’ll also be responsible to join outage bridges to troubleshoot connectivity issues with a wide variety of applications and systems. This position will require on-call after-hours support.
The ideal candidate should be:
- Knowledgeable in supporting multiple F5 LTM, APM and/or GTM platforms. This includes installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting issues on these platforms.
- Knowledgeable in VIP creation, Wide IP creation, certificate creation and updates, SSL profile creation, pool creation and pool member modification
- HTTP/S troubleshooting tools (POSTMAN, HTTP Watch, Fiddler, Curl, etc)
- Understanding of AWS EC2 and VMware.
- Knowledgeable in writing and troubleshooting F5 iRules
- Knowledgeable with packet capture analysis and troubleshooting
- Knowledgeable in multiple tier application support
- Understanding of various browsers
- Understanding of Mobile Applications
- Understanding of HTTP/HTTPS Protocols (DNS, URL, Layer7)
- Understanding of Headers/Cookies and redirection logic.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining Client’s F5 environments across all lines of business
- Support existing systems and services
- Troubleshoot application layer connectivity issues with other teams
- Provide technical/architectural solutions to the team
- Provide support to development teams, partners, and other stakeholders that require the use of F5 technology.
Skills and Experience
A successful Engineer I/II for the F5 team will have:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 0-2 years of experience in F5 Training, Labs or Self-Learning
- Self-motivation with strong, proven, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate across all departments in the organization
- A willingness to learn with the drive to creatively think outside the box and innovate
You will stand out if you have:
- Basic Networking understanding (firealls, IP’s, Netmasks)
- Load Balancing concepts
- F5 Certifications/Training