What you will be doing:
You will help build the technologies that enable millions of Americans to connect and converse with information and one another. You will work in a complex, fast-paced, and highly elastic environment that provides opportunities to navigate across different teams and projects.
As an Engineer I with our client you must be a natural problem solver, you think the best answer is the simplest and most elegant. You’ll work within an agile delivery team and use your skills to create and customize applications on Cloud native wireless platforms. You will help implement an Enterprise Cloud Architecture to power, deploy and operationalize our microservices, COTS products and custom applications. We are looking for engineers with a passion for programming and knowledge in Cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Native apps, Microservices and APIs.
In this role, you will be a key member of the engineering team which will design and implement an enterprise scale cloud architecture with focus on scalability, performance, security and availability. As a member of this team you will provide CICD, infrastructure as code, kubernetes implementation, security, networking, and observability.
- Help build and scale containerized apps by implementing cloud native architecture
- Design and build robust CICD processes for deployments including infrastructure as code.
- Build complex integrations with enterprise systems for Security, Distributed Tracing, Telemetry, and others.
- Driving prototyping efforts to evaluate multiple design options and develop recommendations.
- Help develop a platform interface to other systems.
- Enhance existing Tool Chain through internal development and investigation of third party software.
- Working with product managers to translate the use case requirements into functional and performance requirements for the platform.
- Produce clean, well-documented code, with embedded unit tests, following development standard methodologies
- Stay up-to-date on meaningful new technologies and produce thought leadership content
- 1+ years devops and software engineering experience
- 4+ years Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts
- Ability to read and write code in multiple languages
- Fearlessness to learn and take on challenging problems
- Ability to drive projects with minimal supervision
- Experience with AWS and Kubernetes
- Experience with different tools such as Rally, Logz, Dynatrace, Artifactory, Gitlab
- Development background or competency with modern programming languages and design principles
- Python and Bash scripting experience