Job Title: Engineer II – APIs and Integration
# Positions: 1
Location: Englewood, CO – 100% on-site starting day 1
Visa Status: Any, as long as they can convert after 90 days
Length: 90-day CTH
Client is transforming the future of connectivity. We’re doing it by building the country’s first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it’s a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic, and transformative needs of the changing world.
As an API Engineer, you will work within an agile delivery team and use your skills to create and customize application integrations.
- End-to-end API and integration experience.
- Analyze and help define data, workflow, environment, system, and software interfaces.
- Establish and document the full life cycle of API management standards and best practices.
- Build out secure integration APIs to interface with a diverse set of systems.
- Set up CI/CD implementation using tools like GitLab/Argo CD/EKS.
- Responsible for identifying gaps between current systems and desired end-state; creating a roadmap to deliver end-state solutions.
- Works closely with more senior staff on more complex and/or integrated programming issues.
- Performs unit and performance testing on code and documents findings within the defined scope.
- Develops enhancements to satisfy end-user requirements.
- Completes moderately complex project tasks within defined milestones.
- May lead or manage projects. May train and mentor less experienced staff.
- 2+ years of professional experience as an API developer with a deep understanding of API implementations or a combination of education and experience.
- Well-versed with Java, Spring Boot, APIGEE, and similar technologies.
- Direct experience or working knowledge with AWS technologies including ECS/EKS, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Terraforms, and Kafka.
- Sound knowledge with authorization and authentication approaches like oAuth, SSO/SAML.
- Experience with building tools like Maven, Gradle, and unit test tools like Junit, and Mocito.
- Foundational experience with service orchestration and messaging technology.
- Experience with end-to-end API Platform setup and implementation.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in the Telecom sector