Job Title: FHA Mortgage Quality Control Underwriting Analyst
Location: Alexandria, VA
Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As our employee, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining us is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the our family.
Our client is hiring a FHA Mortgage Quality Control Underwriting Analyst at the following locations: Tysons, Virginia, Eugene, Oregon, Alexandria, Virginia, Omaha, Nebraska, Papillion, Nebraska, and San Antonio, Texas. The primary purpose of this job is to perform quality control reviews for first trust real estate loans. This role will evaluate the integrity and quality of the credit aspect of the mortgage loan origination process through post-funding loan reviews designed to verify the accuracy and integrity of the information and loan documentation used to support the lending decision for conventional, VA and FHA loans. It will validate adherence to the company’s policies and procedures and secondary marketing investor guidelines. This role will serve as a mentor to Junior Analysts, aiding as needed. In addition, this role will also support the management team with identified projects and reporting needs.
*This position can be remote*
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
* Conduct reviews of conventional, VA and FHA mortgage loans to ensure that loans were properly underwritten, and that sound judgment was used in the underwriting process. Complete a thorough analysis of the closed loan file to determine member credit worthiness and collateral value were adequate. Review legal documentation as applicable.
* Conduct reviews of mortgage loans to evaluate the accuracy and integrity of the information and loan documentation used to support the lending decision.
* Conduct reviews of mortgage loans to ensure compliance with the company’s policy and procedures, investor, agency, and secondary market requirements.
* Analyze and determine accurate defect ratings based on investor’s loan eligibility requirements. Evaluate the entire credit package and collateral for residential mortgage loans and ultimately ensure an investment quality loan product
* Follow up on previous deficiencies and examine samples of corrected files.
* Work collaboratively with Mortgage Operations, providing clarification of review results as needed.
* Understand and interpret all credit underwriting documentation required to be reverified in each loan folder and conducts further research as necessary.
* Perform peer reviews and provide guidance to junior analysts as needed.
* Assist with process testing as assigned and participate in special projects.
* Assist in the production and distribution of regularly scheduled department reports.
* Maintain a working knowledge of internal policies, procedure, external regulations, secondary market underwriting guidelines, investor, and private mortgage insurance guidelines.
* Maintain current knowledge of Fannie Mae, Veterans Administration (VA), and Federal Housing Administration (FHA) quality control standards and requirements.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or another related field required.
* Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in real estate lending with underwriting experience required, preferably in a bank or credit union environment.
* FHA Direct Endorsement designation is required.
* Advanced knowledge of real estate loans (origination, processing, closing, funding) required. Broad knowledge of consumer real estate lending, including first trust mortgage loans, home equity loans and lines of credit.
* Knowledge of lending compliance regulations and system definitions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
< Back to Job Search