Job Title: IAM Integration Analyst
# Positions: 1
Location: Englewood, CO – On-site day 1
Visa Status: Any, so long as they can convert to full-time after 90 days
Length: 90-day contract to hire
Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service, that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here.
The IAM Integration Analyst will primarily focus on the wireless IAM initiatives and work heavily with other IT internal support teams as well as our internal clients to provide the highest standards of support. Responsibilities will include: Creating or maintaining tools and applications to support the wireless business unit for Access and Identity Management, developing solutions to integrate users and tools in a secure manner. Employees are also responsible for documenting processes, as well as prioritizing incoming telephone, voice mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users.
Primary responsibilities of the Issue Analyst include the following:
- Experience in managing and maintaining Identity Management, Federation, and Synchronization solutions. (Microsoft Identity Manager, Okta, and ADFS Administration is highly preferred).
- Knowledge in Wireless technologies.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Deployment (Jenkins, Chef, etc.), Agile and Source Code control (Git) ideologies.
- Knowledge pf PingFederate for external customer authentication efforts.
- Create & maintain metrics.
- On-call support.
A successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university plus 3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years experience in Information Technology Provisioning/Access control in a client centric environment; experience as a systems administrator or systems analyst a plus.
- Strong Active Directory knowledge/experience is a must.
- Experience with Oracle/SQL databases as well as scripting/coding abilities will be required.
- Strong ability to work independently or in a group.
- Must have oral and written communications skills, organizational skills; and ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment while working with diverse teams/individuals.
- Ability to multi-task is a must.
- Great attitude and strong energy needed.