Job Title: Information Governance/eDiscovery Analyst
Duration: 3–6-month contract to hire
Pay rate: $46-56/hr
Conversion salary: 70,000-90,000 (negotiable)
We are in search of an Information Governance / eDiscovery Analyst which will function as part of the company IT-eDiscovery team to complete data governance, data retention and electronic discovery tasks. This is a position that regularly works in a cross-functional capacity with company legal and other business units across the organization.
- Completion of technical tasks issued through an electronic ticketing system to complete company objectives relating to data governance, data retention, electronic discovery and other legal compliance, information governance and legal / technical tasks.
- Assisting with electronic discovery data requests and collections, tracking of data requests through various stages of fulfillment to completion.
- Extensive use of collaboration and electronic communication tools.
- The best candidate for this position will be detail oriented, skilled at working with large data sets involved with legal discovery workflows, and will complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner to contribute toward larger corporate objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 2+ years data quality or similar level data analysis experience is preferred.
- 1+ years legal experience required, preferably in a legal / technical support role or working in a legal technology vendor role.
- Basic understanding of electronic discovery best practices from a technical and legal perspective.
- Basic understanding of the EDRM (Electronic Discovery Reference Model) life cycle.
- Understanding of corporate governance and policies, specifically related to data retention.
- Understanding of privacy laws and regulations.
- Understanding of data security considerations and best practices.
- Experience with data governance or records management policies / procedures.
- Legal experience is preferred, preferably in a technical / legal support role.
- Strong understanding of collaboration tools Microsoft or GSuite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision.