Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Location: Lakewood, CO, 80228 (will need to be onsite every day)
Duration: FTE – Direct hire
Max Salary: 70-75k
The Systems Support Engineer designs, installs, configures, implements, and supports all aspects of the global server and network infrastructures for the company. The Systems support Engineer will provide strategic and tactical guidance and oversight, acting as a point of escalation and technical support to troubleshoot and optimize networks and server (on prem and cloud) environments. The Systems Support Engineer will assist in the planning and execution of providing mission-focused IT solutions and programs that incorporate both existing physical and virtual infrastructure, as well as new system technologies and work with senior executives and field staff to find the best solutions and strategies to meet business requirements.
The Systems Support Engineer will be relied upon to have excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge on physical and virtual network administration, virtual and cloud-based server environments with a working knowledge of SAN technologies and both physical and cloud based virtual environments to build the foundation for our success.
- Strong communication skills in order to work with non-IT employees.
- Demonstrated competency in troubleshooting
- Able to multi-task and document several tasks at once
- At least 4 years’ experience in a customer facing or customer support role with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving of complex technical issues involving multiple technologies in a team environment
- Azure Cloud server experience, including set up, tuning and maintaining
- At least 2 years’ experience with database environments, SQL preferred
- Solid knowledge on server set up and performance tuning
- Experience in capacity planning, sizing server environments and high availability configurations
- At least 4 years administration experience with the full MS O365 Suite
- At least 2 years experience with installing, maintaining and troubleshooting MS Teams, SCCM, InTune and other MS applications and toolsets
- Good working knowledge of the Cisco Meraki environment
- Good basic networking skills with Cisco gear and troubleshooting
- Remote problem solving for staff that are field based
- Industry experience with Microsoft Server products, network connectivity, UNIX or other operating systems, migrating databases to the cloud or upgrading from one version of Microsoft SQL Server to a higher version.
- MCSA and or MSCE preferred
- CCNA or other Networking certification
- Experience in creating technical documentation and sharing knowledge with others through training delivery and mentoring
- Other experience such as Containers (docker) would be an asset
- Big Data and BI Toolsets
- Scripting knowledge an added bonus
- Experience with Linux environments and tools (PERL, Python, Ruby, PhP, etc.)