Job Title: IT Systems Specialist
Positions – 3
Max Salary – up to 110-120K, CTH
Location – Remote *preferably near one of ADT’s office locations: Denver, Irving, TX, Boca Raton, FL, Blue Bell, PA, etc.
This position provides leadership, guidance, support, and administration of existing and new customer-facing products for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical leader and subject matter expert within specific complex database, web, storage, application, middleware, or network system(s).
- Represent the support team and leads in the design, development, implementation, testing, tuning and maintenance of systems, and in the evaluation of proposed products and services.
- Recommend strategies for data center and infrastructure management from disaster recovery to monitoring and security.
- Develop and maintain detailed flow charts, diagrams, configuration, architectural and other documentation that facilitate the understanding of the designated systems and troubleshooting of issues.
- Troubleshoot system and service issues to ensure stability and service level agreements with the business are met.
- Provide Level 2 or 3 technical support, and/or coordinate with supporting vendors in their execution of the same. Will involve off-hours participation in “system down” incidents.
- Coordinate and drive the problem management process, including facilitating problem management and resolution between ADT, supporting vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Perform periodic health checks of various components; investigating anomalies and taking preventative action when appropriate.
- Routinely audit hardware and software to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and configuration guidelines.
- Coordinate the end to end system change process, including identifying changes, gathering or writing procedures and documentation, identifying resources/actors, scheduling the change event(s), ensuring appropriate approvals for the change, event coordination, event participation, and post change inspection.
- Implement and maintain system management software, as well as research, analyze, and implement software patches and hardware modifications to resolve deficiencies.
- Coordinate the identification, testing and implementation of capacity and performance monitors.
- Monitor capacity and performance metrics, perform capacity and resource planning and modeling, regularly collect and report on SLA variances.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with either AWS or Google cloud products or services
- Expertise in building, tuning, monitoring, troubleshooting and documenting 3-tier web application systems in high availability clusters
- Expertise in configuring, tuning, and troubleshooting Linux/Unix (preferably RHEL), Apache/Tomcat and Java
- Experience with automating software deployments using a variety of tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, or Chef
- Experience in using or adapting standard tools and techniques to monitor, tune and enhance complex system components
- Experience with scripting (perl/awk/shell)
- Experience with version control tools
- Experience with virtualization tools and infrastructure and large enterprise storage (SAN, NFS, etc.)
- Experience supporting and leading initiatives comprising diverse teams in multiple locations
- Knowledge of ITIL, Disaster Recovery, RTO and RPO, service monitoring, KPI, SLA
- Knowledge of firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancers, security monitors, LDAP and DNS
- Knowledge of high availability Oracle configurations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum 7 years work experience
- RHCE, RHCA, CCNA desired