< Back to Job Search
Location: Englewood, CO
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Job Code: JPC - 261
Job Title: Java Engineer
Max Salary: up to 157K
The Java Engineer will be responsible for the development and gathering of requirements of complex IT initiatives.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Maintains existing functionality and develops new features.
- Maintains and develops backend integration services
- Leads enterprise release projects by providing a level of efforts of assignments, coordinating resources for development, analyzing complex business requirements and producing high quality design documents and code.
- Analyze information system requirements, create designs, and provide documentation
- May provide a variety of services ranging from day-to-day support, maintenance, design, development, and trouble-shooting to improve, advance, or simplify company business processes.
- Provide information system technology solutions by adhering to company prescribed life-cycle tools and methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Applicants must be team oriented and work well with end users and other IT team members. Candidates must be capable of interacting with Sr. Management.
- May define standards and procedures, refine methods and techniques for information modeling and best practices for application software development and deployment.
- May provide leadership or project management within application development teams to deliver coordinated software solutions.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
A successful Staff Engineer will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Computer Science or related field; or two years related experience and/or training; and eight plus years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid knowledge of one RDBMS system such as Oracle.
- In depth knowledge of webMethods Middleware Integration platform.
- Work closely with business team to understand their requirements
- Attend business meetings to design applications and provide optimal solutions.
- Work with Business Analysts to ensure the requirements align with the end user perspective.
- Work with the IT Manager to understand the deadlines and develop code, unit test cases and migrate the code to TEST and PROD environments.