Java Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) – API Engineering
We’re looking for a Java/Spring Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), capable of developing and maintaining the CI/CD pipeline to support highly-available webservices. Environments are hosted on Amazon AWS with modern CI/CD techniques, and there is a dedicated and embedded operations team.
Recent experience with Java preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the CI/CD pipeline via developing new tests, ensuring full test coverage of new features, triaging issues on commits and maintaining test framework.
- Determine how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, web interfaces, and hardware logic, possibly running on multiple platforms, integrate to meet new and emerging requirements.
- Provide support in configuration, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle.
Education: Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 2+ years
Skills: Ability to acquire new technical knowledge and apply it to software.
- Exposure to Java 10+
- Exposure to Web API design and security.
- Familiarity with practical software development life cycle concepts, such as testing, design, and deployment.
- Familiarity GIT
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases. Including but not limited to Oracle, Postgres, Informix, AWS aurora)
- Ability to learn tools of the trade, specifically Maven, Java debugging, and cloud deployment tooling.
- Exposure with AWS (S3, Terraforms)
- Exposure with Containerization (Kubernetes, ECS, vmware tanzu)
- Exposure with implementing and managing CI/CD solutions (Bitbucket, Harness, Jenkins)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and balancing a process orientation with a results orientation to get things done efficiently and effectively