< Back to Job Search
Location: Bluebell, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Job Code: JPC - 75
As we grow, we are excited to add to our Engineering team with a position: Junior Quality Engineer – Firmware Integration & Test. You will work on projects including home security and home automation.
- Self-starter who can lead company DIY home hub integration, functional and regression testing via API, exploratory, functional, integration and white box testing
- Work with developers and other test engineers to support integration testing with various devices/platforms:
- Home Automation Devices (Z-Wave)
- 2 way sensors, Keypad and Keychain (ULE)
- Mobile applications (BLE)
- ADT backend
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging issues with various teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution. Demonstrate the capacity to investigate and debug complex issues via analyzing logs in Linux environment.
- Document software defects using JIRA tracking system. Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- 1+ years experience white box testing (backend, firmware)
- 3+ years of hands on experience working as a QA engineer.
- Experience in Linux (scripting and debugging logs)
- Ability to analyze test results based on logs and coordinate with development teams for bug fixes.
- Strong communication skills, technical problem-solving skills and ability to acquire new skills autonomously
- Four-year college degree required and/or 1+ years work experience in QA related position preferred.
Optional Experience – Nice to have
- Experience testing embedded product and/or hardware testing
- Advance Shell Scripting Skills would be an advantage
- Debug experience using Splunk
- Programming knowledge (e.g python, java, etc)
- Experience with Web Services: SOAP, REST, WebSockets
- Experience with home security, cameras, home automation or lOT.
- DevOps tools and practices:
- Load Testing, Network protocol analysis
What We Offer
- Fast moving and fun work environment
- Benefits such as medical, dental, flexible schedules, and vacation
- Competitive salaries
- Access to security and home automation technology to support your role