Job Title: M365 Domain Architect
Location: Chantilly, VA
Our client is hiring a M365 Domain Architect at our Chantilly, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job is to understand organization-wide needs, assess options, produce organization-wide designs, deliverables and roadmaps, and review complex project architectural deliverables for bank-wide impacts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
* Accountable for design, development, implementation and management of Microsoft M365 / O365 services including but not limited to (Azure AD, Exchange Online, Intune, Teams, OneDrive, Sharepoint Online, Azure Rights Management, DLP, Cloud App Security, Azure Information Protection) and other cloud technologies.
* Provide Microsoft 365 SME consultation by maintaining a thorough understanding of existing and emerging 365 and related core technologies and drive strategic office collaboration, modernization, and productivity roadmap initiatives.
* Understand IT / business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft 365 and Azure) and scope projects that solve most difficult business problems.
* Support the PM in development and maintenance of Project Plans and Schedules, Test Plans, and Acceptance Criteria for implementation of services and capabilities of Office 365. This planning includes the roadmap and sequencing plan for M365 security suite of products as well as productivity tools.
* Work as the highest-level technical engineering expert for cloud infrastructure. Act as an internal consultant and architect for the IT Engineering and Operations Management.
* Ensure the alignment of solutions with organizational strategies and needs, and provides architectural oversight to the implementation of the solution.
* Lead large and complex initiatives and solutions (involving multiple departments, new/leading edge technology, integrating several technology types, high visibility and/or risk, resulting in significant organizational change).
* Provide expert guidance, assistance and communication on architectural designs, definitions and guidelines to stakeholders ranging from operational or project teams to senior level management.
* Collaborate with IT staff , subject matter experts , business partners, clients and senior managers to understand business processes/fun ctions/capabilities ; assess the types of architecture service needed; plan and design solutions and service delivery.
* Design, develop, implement, and provide architectural oversight of technical solutions and provide direction, trouble shooting and optimization recommendations within areas of expertise; initiatives generally require operating across architectural domains (i.e. business, solution, information, etc.).
* Conduct evaluation and comparison of alternative solutions; determines suitability within enterprise roadmaps and business plans; ensures the alignment of solutions with organizational strategies and needs and engages in risk assessment and mitigation.
* Provide leadership to project personnel and other architects for complex architecture projects. May act for the Project Manager in their absence.
* Collaborate with project team in creating business case assessment, project justification, ROI analysis, architectural review and/or RFP development and evaluation.
* Must be involved in the development, delivery, maintenance, communication and governance of architectural principles and standards.
* Recommend improvements to existing data, application, and infrastructure architectures in areas of expertise.
* Provide solution and technical architecture guidance and oversight to business, project delivery, and system support teams.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Advanced technology-focused degree is a plus. Formal certification in the area of expertise is desirable.
* Minimum of nine (9) years’ of experience working in banking or financial industry (preferably retail banking,) business systems and business applications with a minimum of three (3) years’ of experience in planning, designing, implementing solution or project architectures, including leading teams.
* Expert level understanding and implementation experience of Microsoft Enterprise Mobility and Security solutions including (Microsoft Cloud App Security, Azure Information Protection, Intune, Advanced Threat Analytics and Defender) for large enterprises.
* Expert level understanding and implementation experience of Office 365 productivity applications including (Microsoft Teams, Exchange Online, Sharepoint Online, OneDrive, Power BI,) for large enterprises.
* Significant hands-on experience in administering large O365 (Office, Exchange, SharePoint, MS Teams, Azure AD, Intune), Exchange hybrid environments
* Strong Knowledge of Office 365 support technologies including but not limited to, Active Directory, DirSync, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Azure Active Directory, Conditional Access Policies
* Extensive experience in PowerShell and Scripting to support administration and automation of Active Directory and Office 365 Technologies (MSOL, Exchange Online, SharePoint and OneDrive)
* Experience developing multi-year application roadmaps or plans. Experience with analyzing the factors required to rationalize or consolidate application systems. Knowledge of project management and SDLC methodology. Must have a solid Application Architecture experience.
* Minimum of nine (9) years’ of hands-on experience in the Information Technology industry, specifically related to cloud migration, SAAS, PAAS, IAAS, and system integration.
* Successful background working with stakeholders to develop architecture solution that aligns strategy, processes, and IT assets with business goals.
* Must have in-depth hands-on experience establishing best practices and guidelines for innovating, selecting, developing, and implementing information systems within enterprise.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, such as meeting facilitation, presentation documentation, and interpersonal communications skills.
Licenses and Certifications
* Microsoft 365 Certified Enterprise Administrator Expert, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Azure Security Engineer, AWS, and Security certifications are preferred.
* Others related professional certifications are a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
< Back to Job Search