Job Title: Manager of Regulated Services
Location: Littleton, CO
Type: Full Time
What you will be doing
Our client is seeking a Manager of Regulatory Services with solid voice, data, messaging, and mobile roaming experience. This manager will oversee design and engineering of all regulatory services to be provided on their mobile network.
This individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of voice and messaging regulatory services on their mobile network including, but not limited to, 911, WEA, CLEA, and CMAS. This role is a key, strategic part of our business, and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions. This role reports to the Head of Network and Transport for our client’s Wireless and may require some travel.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Strong competency in GSM/UMTS/LTE/5G, RF propagation theory, and core network call processing.
- Understanding of 5G – NSA, SA, VoNR technology and end to end E911 call delivery.
- Understanding of WLS and inter dependency RAN, Core, and Inter-Connect Systems
- WEA, CLA, and CMAS requirements
- E911 FCC Rules, regulations, compliance, and accuracy requirements
- Manage and coordinate PSAP
- Provide leadership and direction to the team for E911 location standards
- Work with cross functional teams to establish E911 and Text-to-911 roadmap and set guidelines
- Work with OEM vendors to plan and execute programs
- Lead and set test standards, MOPs, and E911 compliance guidelines
Skills and experience
The successful Manager will have:
- Minimum BS electrical engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years of experience in mobile and/or landline networks and/or an over the top service (OTT) provider
- At least 5-7 years of experience managing engineers and various stakeholders
- Strong understanding of data and VoIP network architecture, infrastructure components, Ethernet, fiber optic transport, and data traffic engineering
- Working knowledge of VoIP protocols, data protocols, and Signaling requirements
- Detailed understanding of Signaling requirements to include: SS&, DSC, SIP, SBC, and others
- Experience designing and implementing connections for the PSAP facilities and E911 calling
- Familiarity with Optical Networks, OTN, DWDM, ROADM, SDH, SONET, optical transmission technologies, Ethernet, Wave, Switching, Routing, Data Networks, DCN, and Synchronization of optical networks.