Job Title: Microsoft 365 Administrator
Location: Denver, CO
Type: Full Time
The Microsoft 365 Administrator is responsible for key decisions on the architecture and design of Azure services including deployments, Multi-geo security, Defender detections, Sentinel SEIM, Sensitivity label management, change management, disaster recovery, performance optimization, incident support, training, automation and systems availability. The administrator position requires expertise in support of running a highly available, secure and scalable environment. Position will require development and maintenance of automated scripts. Technologies will include, but not be limited to Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, Defender, Sentinel, email security, archiving, encryption, business continuity, and integration of on-premises Operational Technology applications with Azure & Microsoft 365. The position works under minimal direction with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Perform day-to-day administration, maintenance, standards/policies and operational features/functions including management and monitoring of associated service and support contracts, service level agreements, and performance metrics
- Analyze data and make key decisions on the architecture of Defender, Sentinel, API Gateway, change management, disaster recovery, performance optimization, incident support, training, automation, and systems availability
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical plans across international IT administrators and resource owners of Operational Technologies. Includes working closely with external vendors and professional services groups as needed to resolve issues, upgrade, optimize or implement solutions
- Coordinate development and implementation of email security controls including SPAM / Phishing mitigation strategies and remediation of security events such as phishing and malware attacks
- Serves as a point of escalation and support for the 24/7 HelpDesk and international IT administrators
- Domestic travel required 25%
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- PowerShell scripting experience or equivalent .NET development
- Windows Server administration experience
- Active Directory administration experience
- Experience managing Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/Office365
- Experience managing ADFS
- Experience managing VMWare or Hyper-V
- Experience managing Email Security appliances/services
- Experience managing Microsoft 365
- Experience managing Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of networking and DNS
- Knowledge of Data Storage and Clustering
- Knowledge of Load Balancing (Managing VIPs)
- Knowledge of eDiscovery using tools
- Ability to analyze and revise standards as well as processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with all international organizations and different levels of technical and managerial personnel
- Skill in providing exceptional customer service
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline with major course work in computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, or a related field is preferred
- Prior experience (2+ years) managing Microsoft 365 ecosystem. International and multi-country Microsoft 365 experience is preferred
- Certifications in one or more of the following disciplines preferred: Cisco Networking, Microsoft Server, and Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Azure, Amazon Web Services. ITIL V2/3 Foundation, MCSA/MCSE certifications preferred or comparable experience
This Might Be Right For You If:
You’re a self-guided individual with an inner drive to manage multiple projects while collaborating with internal staff, external consultants, vendors, and other stakeholders.
You have strong attention to detail and can prioritize workload across implementation projects and support services.
You bring both creative and analytical approaches to complex problems.
You continuously keep up with new products and enjoy learning about new technologies
Must pass enhanced background check
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.< Back to Job Search