Job Title: Mobility Support Desk Technician
Positions – 1
Max Salary – up to 56K
The Mobility Support Desk Technician is responsible for supporting key aspects of the mobile device implementation for the In-Home Services organization (IHS), company Corporate employees, and Wireless Support initiatives. We support 140+ locations nationwide and this position plays a critical role in ensuring success for our field teams and for overall end-to-end device lifecycle management.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Provide assistance and “one-contact resolution” mindset for both generic “how to” questions and complex technical issues via phone calls, emails, chat tools, etc.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues for mobile technologies with strong problem-solving ability such as: active listening, analysis, research, creativity, communication, dependability, decision making, team building, and can determine necessary handoffs for help/ escalation.
- Stage/Kit devices on a daily basis for new hire technicians and device replacements – enroll device into the MDM, perform QA checks for application functionality, provision software using license portals, activate device in carrier billing platforms, and add required accessories (case, screen protectors, chargers, etc).
- Maintain data integrity across various systems: wireless carrier billing platforms (VEC, Premier), mobile device management software (Airwatch/Workspace One), and service management software (ServiceNow) among others.
A successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university or equilavent experience.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal (interpersonal) communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail while managing many tasks at one time.
- Ability to effectively respond to and interact with frontline workers and management personnel who may or may not be tech savvy.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and uncertain environment, a high level of intellectual curiosity, and a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with autonomy; desire to seek the source of a problem and the capability to ask the questions necessary to identify the root cause.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures mostly in the mobile technology space.
- Experience/Knowledge with mobile device carriers, hardware and operating software – mostly Samsung, Google, Android OS.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.