Job Title: Network Engineer – Xhaul
Location: Littleton, CO
Type: CTH or FTE
Salary: $175k max
We reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking. Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Our client is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to design and engineer effective and scalable network systems that ultimately contribute to the success of our 5G network. The successful candidate will participate in evaluation, testing, selection and deployment of foundational network elements for a nationwide greenfield 5G network buildout. He or she will provide advanced technical leadership for complex project work, including functional subsystem upgrades for mission-critical network devices and services as well as strategic upgrades to the network. In this role, you will:
- Effectively communicate engineering solutions through detailed high- and low-level diagrams;
- Design, plan, and implement complex LAN/WAN/RAN configurations at nationwide scale;
- Establish requirements and provide analysis for network and services specifications, network design, network partitioning and network architecture definition;
- Provide advanced expertise in the development of network test, validation and integration plans on projects and assurance of network integrity;
- Work independently with vendors to understand, test and drive new innovative features.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/computer Engineering preferred;
- Seven or more years of professional experience in large enterprise or carrier space;
- Professional networking certifications a plus – CCNA/CCNP/CCIE or equivalent;
- Public cloud certifications a plus – advanced networking, cloud network engineer or equivalent.
- Service provider IP routing;
- MPLS and/or segment routing (SR-MPLS, SRv6)
- eBGP, iBGP, IS-IS, VRFs and QoS
- High availability, failover and redundant configurations
- Network deployment and operations automation (Ansible, Zero Touch Provisioning);
- IPv6 (SLAAC and DHCPv6);
- Network timing and synchronization (GNSS, GPS, PTP);
- Software defined networking (design and traffic engineering);
- Network configuration automation (scripting with Perl, Python, Bash);
- Server virtualization (VMWare, Openstack).