Platform Engineer (5 openings)
Salary: ($94k-$157k) (Flexible)
Job Type: Contract to Hire, can do Direct Hire for right candidate
- Support in the capture, refinement and documentation of customer requirements.
- Play a lead role with partners and other stakeholders to:
- Create and document the logical and physical integration design for our applications and solutions.
- Install, upgrade and configure applications and potentially other OS or third-party software components required by these applications.
- Create, document and support execution of test plans and cases.
- Take ownership of integration between the revenue management platform(s) and the network, BSS and OSS and/or for the complete life-cycle of charging, rating, and billing
- Be responsible for technical deliverables assigned to you from estimating, designing, configuring and unit testing these and ensuring these are of a high quality of standard
- Identify, communicate and drive improvement initiatives for the processes and tools relating to your role.
- Monitor mobile technology and industry developments to ensure your knowledge remains current.
- 3 years technical experience in the telecommunication domain. Of which…
- Working with real-time network technology – for example prepaid services, real-time mediation, charging or policy.
- Working with a telecommunication operator or in support of one.
- Significant development responsibility in at least 2 complex project.
- Evidence of technical expertise and achievement in one or more of the following:-
o Telecom Applications and Systems (OCS, PCRF, Middleware,…)
o Telecom Networking protocols (DIAMETER, SS7, MAP, INAP, CAP, SNMP, …)
o Service Protocols (REST, SOAP, JSON, XML,…)
o Scripting languages (Python, Perl,…)
o OS and Programming (LINUX, Java, other object oriented languages)
o IP network design (routing/switching, load balancing, resilience concepts)
o Product / software life-cycle concepts
o Public/Private cloud as deployment environment
Nice to Haves:
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- Cloud as deployment environment
- Experience developing in Matrixx, DigitalRoute MediationZone and/or Amdocs Optima