Job Title: Principal Engineer – Metadata Engineering and Management
Location: Englewood, CO or Foster City, CA
Primary responsibilities and skills include the following areas:
- A strong desire to learn new things and continually improve yourself and those around you with a “can do anything” mentality
- You live to experiment, test, fail fast, and learn as you go, we are not looking for a cookie cutter solution to our complex problems
- Able to manipulate metadata to create new user experiences.
- Develop glue-codes for metadata processing and management
- Integrate 3rd party provider feeds and metadata into systems.
- Enhance the pipeline for content curation, while automating where applicable.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- A 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, Bachelor of Science preferred, master’s degree is preferred
- Superior knowledge of Object Oriented design and patterns
- Proficiency with GoLang (or Java)
- Experience with metadata modeling, ontology in the media/entertainment domain
- Overall understanding of media workflow and content ingest
- Knowledge of Media Asset Management (MAM), 3rd party metadata provider (Gracenote), and metadata packaging functions. OR an interest in learning about metadata and how it can be leveraged, manipulated and tailored to drive user experience and to create new OTT streaming features.
- Prior knowledge of building products/solutions in the media domain
- Familiarity with in-memory database such as Redis
- Experience working with and developing in AWS
- Experience with Agile methodologies/DevOps environments
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written, listening
Nice to have:
- Experience with HTTP/REST and writing web services
- Familiarity with a scripting language