< Back to Job Search
Location: Englewood, CO
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Job Title: Principal Engineer – Systems (Media Streaming)
Location: Englewood, CO or Foster City, CA
About the Position
To be successful in this role, you will need to be:
- Highly motivated, driven & hard working.
- Not afraid to fail.
- A true believer in cloud native, hybrid cloud and continuous deployment.
- Able to work independently and clearly present results.
- A team player.
- Experience architecting and building large-scale distributed applications.
- Able to lead by example – we are looking for folks that can design and build. Hands on experience is a key to success.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- A strong desire to learn new things and continually improve yourself and those around you with a “can do anything” mentality.
- You live to experiment, test, fail fast, and learn as you go, we are not looking for a cookie cutter solution to our complex problems.
- Conduct hands-on development across one or multiple areas of the media streaming value chain – content ingestion / delivery, metadata management, transcoding, encoding, DRM / entitlement, CDN, storage, and ad-insertion.
- Develop Server less / Function as a service, while implementing relevant web scale and distributed systems.
- Create, optimize, and integrate Application Programming Interface (API) calls; background in API development is preferred.
- Build high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- A 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, Bachelor of Science preferred, master’s degree is preferred.
- Deep domain expertise of streaming technologies and previous experience in developing streaming applications.
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage.
- Proficiency in one or multiple Programming Languages: Go, Java.
- Knowledge of CI/CD & DevSecOps tools: Gitlab, Artifactory, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with automated testing of applications, Continuous Integration (CI), TDD, and/or BDD.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of device ecosystem (Apple, Android, Roku), video players, codecs and video standards.