Location: Cheyenne, WY (2-3 days onsite)
The Principal Software Engineer will work closely with architecture peers across all of Information Technology and Cybersecurity to ensure that wireless projects and new initiatives are secured in accordance with audit and policy requirements. Beyond the expected and typical contributions of an experienced, Software developer, this Principle Engineer’s ancillary responsibilities will complement and strengthen the skills of the team and advance the team’s delivery pace; Set a high bar for solid Software development practices and standards for all Junior and Senior team members
- Drive solid system architecture and guide and mentor well-disciplined code development practices (i.e. Repository procedures for proper code check-out/in);
- Manage Safe feature branching strategies and versioning control;
- Develop proper work-flow for team code review and deliver well vetted and tested products.
- Will oversee/author application testing procedures; Software deployment packaging and release coordination with customers; Monitoring of infrastructure, in/outbound processes, web services, application health; Implement feature tracking, bug fixes.
- Define standards that produce enterprise quality software that is robust, scalable, and maintainable for the entire lifecycle of the project and business.
- Deliver software that connects people to data
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field (Masters Preferred)
- 2 or more years building public API’s and ability to design and implement RESTful APIs
- 10 or more years of experience in software development
- Experience with IaC using Ansible or Terraform
- Experience creating and deploying Helm charts.
- Experience using Kubernetes, Docker, or Rancher for microservices deployment.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V, vSphere, and vCenter.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines, version control, and system testing with Gitlab and Jenkins.
- Experience gaining insight from log files with Datadog, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Experience implementing systems tracing with Jaeger and Opentracing.
- Familiarity with protocol level tracing with Wireshark.
- Production experience with distributed datastore using zookeeper, cassandra, postgres, kafka, redis, and ElasticSearch
- Experienced with programming languages such as Python
- Familiar with cloud platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure