Job Title: Principal System Engineer – RAN
Location: Littleton, CO
Type: Full Time
Our client is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We’re driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – and we’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here.
What you will be doing
We are seeking a collaborative leader to oversee our 5G network RAN Infrastructure Automation (RIA) design and engineering practices. The successful Principal System Engineer will partner with architects, field engineers and regional markets to capture the requirements and improvement suggestions for RIA and translate those requirements into high-level design documents. He/She/They will lead system engineering activities to improve the RIA solution as the 5G network grows. In this role, you will:
- Partner with consumer-facing and regional markets to understand customer requirements and translate them into our client’s 5G CI/CD automation features and use cases to achieve zero-touch network operations;
- Identify, document and drive development of specific features and capabilities for RIA with key building blocks for “Day 0,” “Day 1” and “Day 2” stages of the network;
- Develop detailed requirements, adjusting and maintaining those requirements as our client’s 5G network operation grows for nation-wide coverage;
- Support the development of solutions in the areas of CI/CD processes, infrastructure as code, end-to-end automation covering 5G RAN including transport and data center using VMware TCI, TCA and VMC services;
- Drive prioritization of operational issues, and drive RIA design and scaling requirements in support of the wider organization;
- Lead system-level testing for product quality assurance and lead troubleshooting when issues arise in the field.
Skills and experience
Successful Principal System Engineer candidates have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical degree; or an equivalent combination of highly related experience and education;
- 10 or more years of experience in the wireless network industry;
- Direct work experience in mobile network technologies including RAN engineering, RAN optimization, network operations, network performance management, etc.;
- Detailed understanding of 3GPP network architecture with emphasis on ORAN, MANO, CNF, BSA, etc.;
- Deep understanding of the role of SDN orchestration, network element management systems (EMS), cloud service platforms, etc.;
- Solid grasp on wireless access technologies: WiFi, BLE and LoRa; IP transport technologies; agile software development, CI/CD principles, infrastructure as code and end-to-end automation of mobile and/or telecom networks.
- Previous roles in system engineering, technical sales or product management with responsibility for product portfolio strategy, working across disparate groups including customer-facing, operations and R&D;
- Proven success leading cross-functional teams
- Work acknowledgement of VLAN, IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing; and firewalling
- Understanding of open API design, HTTP, JSON, and YAML protocols, etc.;
- Proficiency in inventory management and logistics.