< Back to Job Search
Location: Englewood, CO
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Job Code: JPC - 87
Project Manager Job Summary
- Responsible for managing one or more highly complex or enterprise-wide program(s) consisting of multiple wireless projects focused on the launch of Charters own mobile network and/or potential spectrum acquisition opportunities.
- Monitors and drives project performance by implementing project management best practices.
- Ensures successful integration of several projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
- This job requires extensive wireless, technical and executive-facing project management experience.
- This role will report directly to the VP of Wireless Strategy, Mobile Network.
- Plan, manage, and monitor projects from concept through implementation for projects. Acts as primary project contact to establish key stakeholder requirements and project objectives.
- Ensures integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
- Meets with internal customers of an assigned project to provide status updates and reports and gather project-related feedback.
- Serves as a resource to project managers and project leaders to educate and assist them with implementing project management processes and making improvements/changes.
- Ensures complete analysis and understanding of interdependencies and business risks that could impact or be impacted by the delivery of network and spectrum strategies.
- Accountable for the execution of established project management processes and methodologies to ensure delivery of project scope on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding quality standards and customer expectations.
- Partners with senior leadership of the business and engineering community to identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Tailors communication strategy based on audience.
- Communicates with executive leadership and other stakeholders on program strategy, direction and changes.
- Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to work independently with no supervision and guidance
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively Ability to define key performance indicators/metrics
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret data
- Excellent ability in implementing program and project plans and monitor progress, resource usage and quality
- Advanced understanding and ability to manage complex program and project budgets
- Advanced knowledge in conducting risk assessments and developing plans for eliminating or mitigating the risks identified
- Advanced knowledge in mobile network infrastructure, devices and/or wireless operations
- Strong understanding of Regulatory and IT impacts to project schedule
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties
- Ability to document, prepare, and deliver data-driven presentations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to influence internal and external key stakeholders and build consensus
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with peers and project members
- Superb ability to oversee and manage large, complex, diverse and strategic projects that impact the organization as a whole
Related Work Experience
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- 5+ years of wireless related industry experience
- 7+ years of IT or Regulatory work experience preferred
Education, Certification & Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent experience
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is strongly preferred
< Back to Job Search
Wireless background (know trends)
IoT: Smart cities
Manage business side and tech side