Quality Engineer II
Location: DGC, CO
High-level job responsibilities:
- Developing innovative approaches, techniques, and solutions in the areas of Automation, Performance Engineering, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery, Service Virtualization, Shift Left, BDD, TDD, etc.
- Analyzing how systems are being tested manually and identifying opportunities to reduce that time and effort through Automation
Day-to-day job responsibilities
- Designing and creating robust automated test scripts and software to address business and technical use cases.
- Maintaining, supporting and extending our existing automation framework and automation suite, and development of greenfield testing frameworks.
- Collaborating with Software Engineering Leaders, Project Managers, Product Managers, and others to ensure smooth integration of Quality Engineering solutions into the SDLC (Agile preferred)
- Researching and staying up to date on the latest tools, technologies, trends, and approaches within the QE space and incorporating the ones that make sense.
- Participating in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Participating in design and code reviews, refactor code as needed to meet evolving design standards, participate in or lead engineering process improvements.
- A strong passion for quality, high level of attention to detail, and the proven ability to solve complex technical challenges
- Extensive experience applying Quality Engineering techniques across the SDLC to improve the quality of systems and enable the ability to deliver quality at speed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years (Level II) of diverse experience designing, developing, and implementing Test Automation solutions across a variety of platforms and applications.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline engineering and maintenance using tools like: Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Cirlce CI, Travis CI, etc.
- Experience testing REST APIs
- Experience testing an exterprise product catalog is a plus
- Experience with XML and JSON
- AWS experience
- Knowledge of Agile progress and best practices (Kanban, Scrum)