Job Title: Security Firewall (FCR) Lead
Max Salary: up to 137K
The Security Firewall Lead is responsible for coordinating a response for all firewall requests across the enterprise. The ideal candidate should have strong analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, multitask and work under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor. Must have the ability to see big picture requirements and distill them into concrete tasks and execute independently in a timely fashion.
The successful candidate will develop processes for improving operational efficiencies, as well as identifies/implements automation opportunities for existing manual processes. Will have considerable networking skills and be experienced working in large enterprise production environments. Will be an integral part of the operations team supporting Development, Test, QA, Stage, and Production environments, and will effectively manage technology vendor relationships and ensure proper controls and oversight are provided.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Review Firewall requests and approve or liaise with multiple teams to seek approval.
- Review and provide system security requirements/guidance on new initiatives, applications, systems and services.
- Manage the process around Firewall request intake and processing
- Knowledge of network protocols, data flows, and security concerns within a TCP/IP environment.
- An understanding of dynamic routing protocols and static routing; an understanding of common vulnerabilities associated with operating systems and applications.
A successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree, and 5+ years in an IT role or 2 years in an Information Security role, or the appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Required: Strong problem-solver who can conceptualize the big picture as well as fine details.
- Required: Ability to prioritize, mitigate and react to an environment with rapidly changing demands/priorities
- Required: Solid foundation in networking concepts, protocols/ports and their real world application in troubleshooting complex network issues within a corporate global network environment with an emphasis on Network Security
- Required: Strong ability to present technical solutions and adjust communication to accommodate all levels of technical expertise including
- Required: Ability to perform network protocol analysis and raw data capture
- Preferred: Wireless Telecommunications experience
- Preferred: Knowledge of SaaS and AWS platforms and integration types
- Preferred: CISSP or specialized GIAC certifications; knowledge or experience with PCI-DSS and/or SOX methodologies/requirements