A Senior Project Manager for Security is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of IT security projects, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
* Lead the planning and implementation of projects
* Present and negotiate with customer, senior management, and IT teams
* Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
* Define project tasks and resource requirements
* Develop full scale project plans working with various teams
* Assemble and coordinate project staff and manage project resource allocation
* Plan and schedule project timelines and necessary weekly/daily or ad hoc meetings
* Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
* Provide direction and support to project team
* Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
* Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions, and perform risk management
* Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
* Provide project evaluations and assessment of results throughout and post project deployment
* 7+ years of Project Management experience
* 5+ years in IT and Security; Security certifications, training, and NIST experience a plus
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to interact effectively with IT management, software development and test teams, and infrastructure teams
* Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
* Knowledge of technical hardware project management techniques and tools
* Working knowledge of IT systems and other infrastructure including hardware and software
* Direct work experience in technical infrastructure and security project management capacity and vendor management
* Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management, and change management
* Solid experience with GSuite, Visio, and MSProject
* Ability to communicate effectively with senior level executives.
* Strong negotiation/facilitation skills with an ability to gain consensus
* Ability to consult with customers at a business level.
* Ability to translate and communicate a customer’s strategic opportunities into requirements for the technical teams
* Excellent written and presentation skills and strong decision making skills
* Ability to facilitate solutions in a complex IT technology and business environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
* Ability to manage customer expectations throughout the project implementation and delivery process.
* Ability to work on teams in a lead and participative capacity with many different and diverse stakeholders.
* Formal knowledge of project management principles, processes, and tools
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Engineering, or related degree
* PMP certification and Advanced Degree preferred
Desired Knowledge Areas:
· Microsoft Active Directory / Exchange email
· UNIX servers, SQL servers, Windows servers and clients
· NAS and SAN Storage
· Data networking
· Wireless systems
· Enterprise software releases
Salary:$130K/year< Back to Job Search