Sr. Business Process Analyst
As the Sr. Business Process Analyst, you will deliver efforts for various business sponsors across a range of business functions such as sales, services, supply chain, customer support, marketing, finance, direct to consumer, product development, and technology.
You’ll have responsibility for all aspects of the project management over the entire lifecycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close) of a project and in some cases act as the business process expert to map and align business requirements.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Top candidates should demonstrate the following key characteristics for success: creativity, intellectual curiosity, passion for helping others, problem solving, appreciation for professionalism and excellence in execution.
- Responsibilities include analyzing business needs, working with IT professionals to translate business requirements into IT solutions, and testing to validate the quality of these solutions. Additionally, you will work with other analysts and assist in coordination of dependencies, management of test schedules, and ensuring quality standards and controls compliance.
What you’ll do:
- Communicate and lead modernization concepts across the organization through various methods, including: showcases, whiteboarding, diagramming, design thinking, etc.
- Conduct a kick-off meeting with all key stakeholders to review the overall project and gain consensus.
- Provide expertise in analysis, requirements gathering, design, coordination.
- Have the technical responsibility for the application, including the security of the application and the integrity of the data the application handles.
- Develop methodology documents based on self-initiated interviews, diagrams, surveys and workflow analysis.
- Create detailed process flows and business requirements aligned to company business needs.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with business and technical members of the team
- Create detailed plans for execution and implementation of new processes and be a visionary.
- Relentless focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Communicate with the program team, sponsors, and others regarding general status, issues, risks, and escalations.
- Assist with other ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Successful candidates will have the following work habits:
- Partner with the Technical Lead and the IT Architect to design a world class solution
- Collaborate with multiple levels of IT and Business management and partner across multiple IT Teams and systems.
- Have a strong desire and ability to learn new skills and absorb professional knowledge quickly
- Strong analytical, good problem-solving skills
- Requires demonstrated communication and customer interfacing skills
- Work effectively in an open environment where creativity and collaboration are welcome and encouraged
- 5+ years Business/Systems Analyst Experience
- Process expertise in at least two of the following areas within a learning-based company: sales, services, supply chain, customer support, marketing, finance, direct to consumer, product development or technology.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build project plans and monitor/report on project status.
- Knowledge and competency in business processing mapping and documentation.
- High proficiency with MS Office suite and MS Project or SmartSheet.
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ability to quantify business benefits for every task assigned.
- Hands on experience with Dev/Ops
- Monitoring Solutions Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Demonstrated communication and customer interfacing skills
- Ability to manage deliverables to meet business critical deadlines Have proven problem solving/diagnosis skills
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Financial Systems Business Process Modelling
- This person needs to be able to clean up the Royalty process (how authors get paid) – it is broken
- This person will need to be able to come in and know how to fix the problem or how much it will cost to fix the problem
- This person will also own the workstream and needs to be able to analyze a process and know how to improve it for everyone.
- Wants someone who understand the end to end process, can identify a problem and fix it, or know how much it will cost to fix it
- This position will work within the domain of Royalty Management and report to Ryan Munson, VP Rights and Royalties
- Experience with Royalties a plus, but not a must
- Experience within the Finance or Entertainment industry a plus