Job Title: Sr. Core Network Performance Engineer
Positions – 3
Max Salary – 130K
Our client is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We’re driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – and we’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Our client is seeking an ENGINEER 5G Core Performance with solid voice, data, messaging, Regulatory and mobile roaming experience.
ENGINEER 5G Core Performance will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and improving performance of company Mobile network including, but not limited to 5G Core, IMS and cloud portions of the network. This role is a key, strategic part of our business, and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest network management solutions. This role reports to the Senior Manager of E2E Design and Performance of the company and may require some travel.
In this role, you will:
- Monitor and analyze 5G Core netowrk KPI trends and optimize/improve the network KPIs
- Work with Regions and markets to provide Best Practices and training to improve KPIs
- Develop Golden parameters and conduct audits
- Finalize KPIs and develop KPI Dashboards
- Conduct Technical investigation into network issues and provide RCA
- Prepare and implement network performance improvement plans
- Recommend and implement new features, trials, and parameter settings to improve all aspects – capacity, quality, and efficiency of the network
- Work with vendors to plan for s/w upgrades and track KPIs
- Develop optimization strategies and programs for network technology rollouts
- Work with OEM vendors to plan and execute optimization strategies
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong understanding of 5G/4G Core, IMS and cloud networks
- Strong competency in all aspects of Core Network optimization.
- Minimum B.S. electrical engineering or related discipline
- 8 plus years of experience in mobile networks on 5G/4G/3G technologies
- Strong understanding of data and VoIP network architecture, infrastructure components, Ethernet, fiber optic transport and data traffic engineering.
- Strong understanding of E2E call flow for both Voice and data calls
- Strong and proven record of improving Core network performance of a wireless network
The ideal candidate will have:
- Deep understanding of 3GPP protocol stack, O-ORAN specifications, cloud platform and Orchestration
- Knowledge of Programming and data analytics skills as well NF virtualization
- Detailed understanding of Signaling requirements to include SS7, DSC, SIP, SBC and others.
- Familiarity with Optical Networks, OTN, DWDM, ROADM, SDH, SONET, optical transmission technologies, Ethernet, Wave, Switching, Routing, Data Networks, DCN, and Synchronization of optical networks.