Job Title: Senior Data Architect
Location: Tysons, Virginia
Our client is hiring a Senior Data Architect at our Tysons, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this role is to analyze business strategy, Data/Analytics platforms and recommend solutions that efficiently and timely addresses the business imperatives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
* Work with the Line of Business Leaders, IT leaders and Enterprise architecture leads to develop and enrich current and future state Data & Analytics Platform architecture and Data/Analytics program roadmap.
* Provide thought leadership around best practices and emerging concepts in Data & Analytics domain.
* Lead and Develop Data integration/Consumption Patterns & Data Landscape diagrams.
* Develop & Mature Data Capability model to support benchmark analysis
* Stand up Design review board for Analytics and Data platforms using industry best practices.
* Translate functional and technical requirements into highly scalable and optimized architecture design.
* Engage and Deliver technology evaluations in Data and Analytics domain.
* Represent Data Architecture in the Enterprise Architecture Center of Execution board.
* Contribute to document Data design solutions in the solution architecture and technical design documents.
* Work closely with Data scientists to understand their data preparation needs and provide technical mentorship for developing Machine learning based analytical models.
Licenses and Certifications
* AWS Solution Architect Associate/ Big Data Specialty certification is preferred.
* Snowflake certification is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise. *Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
Our client is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field; Masters’ degree preferred.
* Minimum of ten (10) years of hands-on architect and solution development experience in large scale complex Data warehousing projects.
* Minimum five (5) years of hands-on solution architect experience on both on-premise (Cloudera) and Cloud based (AWS/Snowflake) Data Lake platform and solutions.
* Minimum of seven (7) years of Data Modeling experience.
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience with Data lifecycle and Metadata management products
* Minimum of two (2) years of work experience with one or more relevant data ingestion technologies (Python, Pyspark, Spark, Scala, Kafka)
* Minimum of two (2) year of work experience with one or more SQL (Hive, Presto, SparkQL, Athena, SnowSQL) on Big Data Platform.
* Minimum of two (2) years of work experience on AI/Machine Learning capabilities enablement.
* Exposure to Data Analytics platforms such as Tableau and SAS is a must
* Must be familiar with Agile based delivery approach.
* Prior experience leading ETL work, Data warehouse/Data Lake development a plus.
* Ability to work as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and positive attitude.
* Must have excellent communication skills.< Back to Job Search