< Back to Job Search
Location: Egg Harbor, NJ
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Job Code: JPC - 477
Senior Database Administrator – 1-Position
- 6 months contract-to-hire
- Rate: $58/hr absolute max – No exceptions
- Conversion salary: up to $80,000 to $105,000 max
- U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents only
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable in Computer Science, or 8 years of equivalent work experience
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience required
- On-Site Egg Harbor Township, NJ
- Public Trust Clearance (generally 2 to 4 months)
- Well experienced and must have a resume that reflects all of the skills needed.
The team supports client’s mission critical infrastructure, maintaining systems utilized in the day-to-day operations in ensuring public safety. The team consists of 50+ staff. This position is fully on-site in Egg Harbor Township, NJ.
- Serve as SME on Oracle databases to support
- All production database environments as a primary or backup DBA
- Application/Database related problems and deployments
- Response to customer/stakeholder inquiries
- Provide data requests as needed using SQL Query Tools like Sql*Developer and PGAdmin
Maintaining production databases, which includes:
- Databases including Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Monitoring database efficiency
- Ensuring space availability
- Backup and Recovery
- Database builds and refreshes
- Data updates
- Sustaining the security and integrity of data
- Supporting application deployments
- Supporting on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or 8 years of equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of database administration experience
- Experience using SQL Query Tools, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.
- In order to meet the clearance requirements for this opportunity, candidates must be US Citizen and/or Current Green Card Holder.
- All candidates will be subject to a complete background check to include, but not limited to Criminal History, Education Verification, Professional Certification Verification, Verification of Previous Employment and Credit History.
- Public Trust background investigations can take approximately four to eight weeks and require fingerprinting.