Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
# Positions: 1
Location: Englewood, CO – 100% on-site day one
Visa Status: Any, as long as they can convert in 3-6 months
Length: 3–6-month CTH
We reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original, and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Navigating an ambiguous future, our mission is clear. We adapt to, and drive, change for all.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll work within an agile delivery team and use your skills to create and customize applications on Cloud native wireless platforms. You will help implement an Enterprise Cloud Architecture to power, deploy and operationalize our microservices, COTS products and custom applications. As a member of this team, you will provide hands on experience with Cloud native architecture, CICD, Infrastructure as Code, Kubernetes, Security, Networking, Observability and Distributed Tracing.
We are looking for engineers with a passion for programming and knowledge in Cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Native apps, Microservices and APIs.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Help build and scale containerized apps by implementing cloud native architecture
- Design and build robust CICD processes for deployments including infrastructure as code.
- Build complex integrations with enterprise systems for Security, Distributed Tracing, Telemetry, and others.
- Driving prototyping efforts to evaluate multiple design options and develop recommendations.
- Help develop a platform interface to other systems.
- Enhance existing Tool Chain through internal development and investigation of third-party software.
- Working with product managers to translate the use case requirements into functional and performance requirements for the platform.
- Produce clean, well-documented code, with embedded unit tests, following development standard methodologies
- Stay up-to-date on meaningful new technologies and produce thought leadership content
- 5+ overall DevOps and software engineering experience
- 4+ years Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience designing, implementing operationalizing enterprise-ready container orchestration platforms on Kubernetes and hybrid platforms
- Strong aws skills, including eks
- Strong experience with (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) CI/CD, including implementing and maintaining production systems
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as gitlab-ci, helm, agroCD, terraform and Docker
- Ability to read and write code in multiple languages, fearlessness to learn and solve new challenging problems, and ability to drive projects with minimal supervision
- Experience with Istio Service mesh or any other Istio based service mesh
- Experience with different tools such as Rally, Logz, Dynatrace, Artifactory
- Development background or competency with modern programming languages and design principles