< Back to Job Search
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job Type: Contract to Hire, Remote
Job Code: JPC - 92
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA.
- Remote position, with availability to meet in-person the oﬃce twice a week.
- Fully remote options available.
- Full-time, CTH
What we are looking for:
- Comfort with uncertainty
- Really strong communication skills!
- A passion for rapid growth, constant personal/professional development
- A passion for “learning while doing”; and an ability to “self-learn”
- A team player
- A passion for helping others!
- Experience or a high-degree of comfort architecting large-scale projects/systems
- Extensive experience with Git/GitHub (i.e. Git Submodules, Git Flow, etc.)
- Extensive experience automating deployment cycles & release/package management for multi-repo projects/packages (e.g. NPM, Cargo, PIP, etc.).
- Large-scale production experience or comfort with microservice & serverless-based architectures (e.g. OpenFaas, AWS Lambda, Serverless, etc.)
- Large-scale production experience or comfort with distributed database & persistent storage technologies/tooling (e.g. MongoDB Shards, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, etc.)
- Large-scale production experience or comfort with multi-endpoint streaming technologies/tooling (e.g. Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, NATS, etc.)
- Large-scale production experience or comfort with containerization & distributed cloud cloud compute architectures (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Extensive experience large-scale multi-environment (e.g. local, staging, production, testing, etc.), multi-target (e.g. AWS, localhost, GCP, DigitalOcean, etc.) CI/CD pipelines and environment support (e.g. VSCode .devcontainer.json, .github/workflows, etc.)
- Familiarity with GitHub Actions
- Familiarity with SemVer Versioning & Conventional Commits
- Familiarity with Complex-Adaptive Systems, Self-Similar Systems, Fractal Systems Architectures
- Familiarity with Code Generators (e.g. Hygen.io)
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance