Senior Engineer, IT Application
Visa Status: USC/GC
Length: 6-month contract only
Hourly: $60-$75 per hour (can be flexible for the right candidate)
- Spark Hire Interview
- 1.5-hour technical interview with hiring manager and developers. Will need to code and share their screen.
Team Size: 18 people on the team, split into 4 categories: Web, Customer Portal, Internal and Technical.
- Must be extremely proficient in Java Script and Type Script
- Must be extremely proficient in Vue JS
- Must be skilled in building libraries
- Must be skilled in building APIs
- Need to be experienced and intelligent and able to hit the ground running
Position Summary: Join a growing team of web developers to create and maintain client-side applications with server-side interactions via Push/REST/GraphQL. Our applications provide essential functionalities to customers such as remotely arm/disarm and control home automation devices, paying bills, ordering equipment, and retrieving crime statistics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the cloud/devops/design/QA teams to develop/test/release web applications.
- Lead and or participate in code reviews and release preparations.
- Update project dependencies as needed.
- Research and communicate recommendations to improve code quality product architecture.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine business requirements, as well as design, develop, and test application code to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Develop, maintain, and support the applications.
- Program, test, and implement mapped graphic images, forms, and HTML pages.
- Responsible for evaluating, developing, and maintaining web applications.
- Assist in program design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Create services that communicate with the Cloud via Push/REST/GraphQL
- Develop responsive UI components and content modules.
- Write scalable, testable, and maintainable code.
- Configure/modify build tools as needed.
- Maintain healthy collaboration with adjacent team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. (Masters preferred)
- 8-10 years of web development experience
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new Internet tools and applications based on product requirements.
- As appropriate, may liaise with outside vendors to coordinate code development and acceptance.
- Coordinate, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications.
- Strong communication skills required (English)
- Agreeable and with drive toward conflict resolution with peers
- Creative problem solver
- Leverage strong front-end technology skills to develop and maintain web applications.
- Assist in program design, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation.
Required Technical Skills:
- REST and SOAP APIs
- Front-end JS frameworks (Ember.js, Backbone, AngularJS)
- Vue 2.6.11, State Management and dependencies (Axios, Vuex, Vue Router, Vuetify, Vuelidate, Vuetify)
- JS Build tools (Grunt/Gulp/Webpack) and Transpilers (Babel)
- CSS, Bootstrap & CSS Preprocessors (LESS, SASS)
- Package Managers, like NPM/Bower
- Unit testing frameworks (Jasmine, Mocha, Jester)
- Image optimization tools and techniques
- Back-end frameworks (NodeJS), Redis
- GraphQL/oAuth 2.0 APIs
Additional Technical Skills:
- LDAP / SSO / MFA
- Experience with SQL databases and writing queries.
- Comfortable working on the command line (Mac/Linux)
- Comfortable configuring web servers (Apache, Nginx)
- Greenfield experience
- Experience working with server-side languages.
- Experience with Bamboo, Bitbucket Pipelines or other CI tools
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools
- Experience with Docker (Local development)