Job Title: Senior Engineer – Software
Location: US-CO-Denver, 17th Street – must be in office day 1
# Positions: 1
Visa Status: Any, as long as they can convert to FTE after 90 days
Length: 90-day CTH
Fortune 250 company that continues to redefine the communications industry, with more than $12 billion in annual revenue. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win. We’re looking for people with energy, intelligence, an overwhelming desire to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, integrate, test and maintain back-end solutions using Python, Node or Java/Spring framework
- Build and maintain continuous integration pipelines
- Leverage AWS services to implement, deploy, monitor and maintain a scalable API platform
- Leverage AWS services to implement, deploy, monitor and maintain data processing solutions
- Perform data analysis and build the right data processing solution to aggregate and load data for API performance
- Leverage agile software development practices to design and build iteratively
- Collaborate with other data analytics teams to build enterprise solutions
- Collaborate with internal team members in the design and architecture of scalable, performant platforms
- Collaborate with internal team members to share responsibilities for the platform
- Work with team manager to help mentor team members, sharing new design solutions and technologies
- Work with team manager in addressing high-level design requirements and assessing viability of solution architecture
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
The successful software engineer will have:
- Bachelors or Masters degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other technical (STEM) field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 4 years of software development experience developing RESTful APIs, either on-prem or in AWS
- Experience using containerization
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals – object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, good API design, test-driven development, CI/CD
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- 1+ year(s) of software development experience, including educational experience, using AWS services
- Experience working with data in AWS using batch or streaming solutions, would be a plus
You will be best qualified if you have experience with some of the following:
- AWS data analytics and web application services – AWS Lambda, EC2, SNS, API Gateway, Glue ETL, RDS
- Streaming Data Frameworks
- Java, Spring Boot framework