< Back to Job Search
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job Type: Full Time, Remote
Job Code: JPC - 108
Job Title: Senior Front-End Engineer
Type: Full Time
- Palo Alto, CA.
- Remote options available.
We are looking for highly creative, detail-oriented, front end developers to create highly usable Web applications.
- Production experience with CSS advanced concepts, technologies (e.g. pre-processors, post-processors, etc.), tooling, and frameworks (e.g. Tailwind, Bulma, Bootstrap, etc.)
- Production experience building PWA & Cross-Platform Application concepts, technologies, and tooling
- Experience with code version control concepts (e.g. SemVer Versioning, Conventional Commits, Blue-Green Deployments, Releases/Rollbacks, etc.), technologies (e.g. Git/GitHub), and tooling (e.g. commitizen, semantic-release, np, etc.)
- Production experience global distribution pipelines (i.e. CDN’s), concepts/methodologies (e.g. latency, first-bit elapse times, viewport prioritization, DNS caching, async/defer links/scripts, etc.), technologies, and tooling (e.g. Render, Netlify, Vercel, etc.)
- Experience with multi-product/package production deployments using Browser API’s (e.g. Mozilla’s WebRTC API, Mozilla’s Location API, etc.) and Browser Extension APIs, etc.
- Production experience with client-side storage methodologies (e.g. GZip, Hash Tables, etc.), technologies (e.g. IndexedDB, Local & Session Storage, Cookies, Web SQL, Cache, etc.) and tooling
- Experience with SEO methodologies (e.g. descriptive tagging, OpenGraph meta tags, niche back-linking, etc.), technologies, and tooling
- Production experience building composable, wrappable, tappable, chainable, and mutable (i.e. middleware) components
- Multi-environment/deployment (e.g. local, staging, production, testing, etc.) experience.
- Experience consuming and integrating with third-party APIs (e.g. GraphQL, REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Production experience with test-driven & behavior-driven development methodologies, technologies, and tooling (i.e. Mocha/Chai, Jest, Puppeteer, Nightwatch, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience with package management concepts (e.g. footprint minimization), methodologies, technologies, and tooling (e.g. Parcel, Webpack, NPM, Cargo, PIP, etc.)
< Back to Job Search
- Passionate about infrastructure work for yourself and your teammates
- Comfortable moving quickly and working directly with customers for feedback
- Developing data visualizations that handle vast amounts of data at low latency
- Strong communication and time-management skills. Eager and ready to work with a distributed team across all US time zones.
- Experience working with offline and peer-to-peer technologies (e.g. Service Workers, DAT Protocol, IPFS, etc.)
- Experience measuring and troubleshooting the performance of systems, as well as testing and automating deployment (CI/CD, Terraform)