Senior IT Product Owner
# Positions: 1
Location: Englewood, CO – In Office Day 1
Visa Status: Any – must be able to convert after 90 days
Length: 90-day CTH
Our technology teams challenge the status quo and reimagine capabilities across industries. Whether through research and development, technology innovation or solution engineering, our people play vital roles in connecting consumers with the products and platforms of tomorrow.The Senior Cloud Architect is responsible for leading the creation of a technology framework and providing technical leadership in support of client’s initiatives in cloud computing and automation, with a focus on the design of systems and services that run on cloud platforms.
Additionally, The Senior Cloud Architect will be responsible for ensuring that critical applications are designed and optimized for high availability and disaster recovery.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related subject; an advanced degree is preferred.
In addition, 7 or more years’ experience in designing large and complex IT operations in large organizations, a research or academic environment is required. The position requires strong leadership and team-building skills, and must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals.
- Elicit, identify, document, and refine requirements from business/customer problems to detailed user stories and acceptance criteria that may include technical requirements.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders, developers, QA, Infrastructure and other team members to analyze information and functional requirements, advocate the development process through to implementation, and ensure the delivered product meets business/customer needs.
- Collaborate well with the team and with stakeholders/developers/QA/Infrastructure/Security teams during product development through implementation.
- Manage stakeholder needs & requests while balancing product roadmap priorities.
- Facilitate iteration planning sessions, daily team stand-ups, grooming sessions, and retro.
- Track and report on teamwork completed, capacity, backlog, velocity, etc.
- Forecast product/feature delivery timelines.
- Use metrics and feedback to improve team and organization processes, best practices, performance, and delivery.
- Assist with deployments and production support issues.
- Perform acceptance testing for user stories and features.
- Author and maintain related process documentation.
- Understand well Platform Engineering tools and processes Tech landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical degree.
- 4-5 years of Product Owner, Product Manager, Project Manager, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Platform or DevOps tools and processes.
- Great communication skills – someone who is exceptional at building trust, persuading. stakeholders, inspiring team members, and selling solutions.
- Self-motivation with strong, proven, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional resources and work well in a distributed environmen.t
- Ability to plan for future work while maintaining the current delivery with rapidly changing priorities.
- At least 1-2 years of experience using Cloud Native tools such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- At least 1-2 years of experience using compute, storage, data, networking, security, and monitoring tools.
- Experience using CA Agile Central, Visio, Postman, Swagger.
- Experience with public cloud service offering (IaaS, PaaS services as well as AWS, Google Cloud etc)
- Knowledge with Virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.).
- Experience with infrastructure and configuration as code solutions, including Terraform, Chef, GitLab CI.