Job Title: Senior Java Engineer – API Engineering
We’re looking for a Java/Spring developer, capable of developing and maintaining highly-available webservices. Environments are hosted on Amazon AWS with modern CI/CD techniques, and there is a dedicated and embedded operations team.
Experience with Java 10+ preferred, and familiarity with the Java ecosystem is required. 7+ years’ experience with recent work in Java or other JVM language.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development and deployment services; lead projects and/or assist in scheduling and coordinating project deliverables.
- Determine how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, web interfaces, and hardware logic, possibly running on multiple platforms, integrate to meet new and emerging requirements.
- Lead in program design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation; under general supervision, instruct, direct, and validate other software developers’ work; mentor and guide application developers and junior team members.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine business requirements.
- As appropriate, may liaison with outside vendors to coordinate code development and acceptance.
- Provides senior-level support in configuration, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the team and drive key projects.
§ Works with developers, testers, and deployment teams to create software deployment/hosting plans
Education: Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 7 – 10 yrs
Skills: Demonstrate leading edge knowledge of concepts and theories in own discipline.
Teaches others the technical and functional knowledge and skills needed to achieve results at the optimum level of performance. Recognized as a thought-leader.
· Advanced knowledge of Java 10+
· Advanced knowledge of API architecture, design, scalability, and security
· Experience architecting, designing, and developing and consuming web services
· Advanced knowledge designing and implementing secure internet-facing APIs
· Experience with relational and non-relational databases. Including but not limited to Oracle, Postgres, Informix, AWS aurora)
· Experience with GraphQL
· Experience with AWS (S3, Terraforms); GCP
· Experience with implementing and managing CI/CD solutions (Bitbucket, Harness, Jenkins)
· Experience with Containerization (Kubernetes, ECS, vmware tanzu)
· Experience in Cloud based hosting
· Strong understanding of disaster recovery planning and execution
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent communicator (written and verbal): ability to read, write, speak and understand English
· Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
· Self-starter, self-motivated, driven individual
· Ability to work well with shifting priorities
· Ability to work with cross-functional team of internal and external resources
· Display professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion
· Critical thinker, ability to negotiate with key stakeholders and maintain positive attitude
· Excellent understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
· Creative solving of technical problems to ensure the ability to translate technical requirements into test plans
· Exposure to Splunk
· Exposure to Apigee
· Exposure to Clojure
· Experience with Agile/Scrum and balancing a process orientation with a results orientation to get things done efficiently and effectively
· Proven track record of delivering features and functionality on time with high quality< Back to Job Search