Job Title: Senior Manager, Data Center Facilities
Max Salary: 177K
Our client is seeking a Sr. Manager – Data Center Facilities with strong infrastructure engineering technical skills to help build our 5G network.
We are seeking a leader experienced in the design and operational support of critical facilities to become part of our Data Center Facilities Engineering team. Facilities engineering team will be responsible for sourcing, design, retrofit and upgrade data center projects, ensuring our highly reliable environment is guaranteed. The ideal candidate will be able to work broadly; leading critical projects cross-functionally, as well as work independently, leading deep dives and expert analyses.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for hiring, developing and managing a team of data center facilities engineers and sourcing managers.
- Lead a team of facilities engineers to prepare electrical and civil specifications and design criteria for retrofits, and provide input on future data center design reviews
- Handles Equipment maintenance tasks such as managing and installing custom upgrades, maintaining records and drawing schematics to detail what equipment is installed.
- Works with Telco’s and equipment vendors to negotiate SLA & MSA
- Conduct analyses and audits of electrical and civil systems, and lead improvements.
- Develop comprehensive project plans and inform frequently on progress, risks, and schedule.
- Participate in equipment failure and power outage incidents, drive Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA), and implement solutions broadly across all regions.
- Develop and review design standards, specifications, and method of procedures (MOP), for consistency and maximum system reliability.
- Review and update data center electrical “as-built” documentation as re-configurations occur.
- Participate in vendor, supplier, and contractor management at each site.
- Coordinate with the site teams to establish all required service contracts prior to handover.
- Develop and approve processes, procedures, and reporting metrics that help drive successful turnover of new Data Centers.
- Manage operational and work assignments of the team to ensure consistency of approach and design assumptions.
- Establish strong rapport within team members, support national practices that drive employee engagement and productivity.
- Responsible for writing and maintaining associate technical documentation for data centers.
- Responsible for managing quality and service of the operation and maintenance of multiple critical facility infrastructure systems, in accordance with company’s policies and procedures.
The successful Manager will have:
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in an engineering or technical discipline (mechanical, electrical, or controls), or 10+ years of experience in one of these disciplines
- Eight or more years’ experience with construction and/or operations of mission critical facilities
- Experience with standard Data Center equipment to include: electrical distribution equipment, low voltage power and molded case circuit breakers, overhead IT busway, air handling units, water treatment equipment, controls and monitoring, and hot aisle containment accessories
- Troubleshooting and analytical experience
- Knowledge of short circuit coordination and arc flash studies
- Experience in load management at the operations level within a critical facility
- Experience with communication technology, Linux or Unix Knowledge, data analysis, and with electrical /HVAC systems.
- Communication, presentation, project management, and reporting experience
- Knowledge of mission critical power distribution and generator power systems
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards
- Cross-discipline knowledge of critical facility systems
- At least 5 years of experience managing engineers and various stakeholders
- At least 5 years of experience with sourcing of telco facilities and services