Job Title: Senior Manager – Financial Modeling Data
Location: McLean, VA
Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As our employee, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining our company is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the family.
Our client is hiring a Senior Manager, Financial Modeling Data at our McLean, Virginia location. The purpose of the role is to lead a team responsible for the design and execution of the data capture process necessary for various initiatives throughout the Finance team. The incumbent will also represent Finance to ensure modeling needs are met while new source systems or products are in development throughout the organization. This position will also interact with auditors or regulators when necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
* Lead the data team in the design, documentation, and implementation of dataflows from company enterprise data sources through the QRM Management Repository and other downstream applications.
* Engage with Finance Transformation team on cross-functional data projects the impact both Finance and Accounting.
* Collaborate with company Enterprise Data team and leaders of various business units to resolve data exceptions and coordinate Finance data needs during source system conversions.
* Support the quantitative modeling team to provide data necessary for modeling loan losses, prepayments, new volume originations, or any other analysis driven by internal loan or deposit data.
* Directly interact with internal or external auditors on exams involving data integrity or model validation.
* Identify and review new applications and technologies to automate or customize reports within financial applications and databases.
* Lead development of data exception reports to identify missing or invalid data from source systems.
* Develop and maintain data transformations and mapping necessary to load data into risk management applications. Support Finance production teams to resolve any data related issues.
* Set priorities and goals for data team and provide career development goals for staff.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, a related field, or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to perform the job.
* Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience working with financial data pipelines, data lakes, ETL’s, and database reporting tools using SQL, Oracle, or similar database.
* Minimum of two (2) years’ direct management experience.
* Knowledge of data necessary to model cash flows for financial products such as mortgages, auto loans, credit cards, student loans, and personal loans.
* Advanced knowledge of database reporting and analytics using SQL, Tableau, Python, or other data analysis tools. Knowledge of QRM Transaction Data Mart or Management Repository is a plus.
* Ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively across various business units.
This position will directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.< Back to Job Search