Senior Manager, Investment Portfolio
Location: McLean, VA
Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As our employee, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining us is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of our family.
Our client is hiring a Senior Manager, Investment Portfolio in any of the following locations: McLean, VA; Charlotte, NC; or Jacksonville, FL. The primary purpose of this job is to perform mid-office operations to support company’s derivatives trading and funding/liquidity requirements.
* Produce periodic performance reports of the company’s Investment and Derivatives programs, and perform necessary tasks, such as securities pricing, market value monitoring, FFIEC testing, derivatives valuations, etc. to facilitate completion of the reports.
* Review monthly hedge accounting entries/supporting documents, monitor effectiveness testing results as well as outstanding balances of hedged items.
* Perform periodic credit analysis on risky assets in the investment portfolio and derivatives counterparties, including both independent internal reviews and credit rating monitoring.
* Provide economic reviews and produce weekly capital market dashboard.
* Conduct research to support the Treasury team in analyzing investment and secondary market trading opportunities.
* Liaise with the company’s insurance broker to manage the ongoing operation of Charitable Donation Account (CDA) and Credit Union Life Insurance Program (COLI), and to perform necessary tasks to maintain compliance with regulations and internal policies.
* Identify and implement tasks required to ensure operational compliance with internal Policies & Procedures and board policies for Investment portfolio and Derivatives program.
* Support Deputy Treasurer in providing data and reports for internal and external audits/examinations.
* Support Deputy Treasurer in identifying and implementing new liquidity sources.
* Support Deputy Treasurer in implementing new projects such as Libor migration.
* Liaise with Vendor Management to ensure renewals/terminations of NDAs and other treasury-related agreements.
* Identify, review and onboard new technologies to support capital market operations, such as secured transmission portal and portfolio analytical tools, etc.
* Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, economics, finance, statistics or related field required. Master’s Degree in accounting, economics, finance, statistics or MBA preferred.
* Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a financial services organization is required.
* Minimum of two (2) years of direct management experience is required.
This role will not directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*< Back to Job Search