Title: Senior Network Engineer
# Positions: 1
Location: Denver (HQ), Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, New Albany, Northern Virginia, Phoneix, Portland, Silicon Valley, Toronto
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for key decisions on the architecture and design of Operational Technology services network, Corporate Network and Cybersecurity including; physical and logical standards, basis of design definition, Data Center implementations and documentation turnover to production support. The position requires expertise in support of running a highly available, secure and scalable networks. The position works under minimal direction with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Lead design, engineering, and maintenance activities for a large datacenter network
- Contribute to technical and operational product services definition
- Evaluate and recommend new physical and logical architectures, technologies, and standards as needed
- Evaluate and maintain traffic flows across transit and backbone links
- Provide Tier III support for network related problems and manage escalated incident cases to resolution
- Develop Engineering policies and procedures to ensure consistency in standards and leveraging of common designs
- Establish and measure network performance relative to NetEx targets and customer SLA
- Perform troubleshooting of backbone network
- Manage service configuration activities for large, strategic customers
- Domestic travel required 25%
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Hands on experience with Routers and switches: Cisco, Juniper, Brocade
- Hands on experience with Firewalls: Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, and Sophos
- Working knowledge of logical architectures MPLS / EVPN / VXLAN / OTV / L3VPN
- Strong understanding of routing protocols: eBGP, iBGP, ISIS, OSPF, and EIGRP
- Service Provider Layer2/Layer3 configuration knowledge
- Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, growth environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with a customer service focused mindset
- Strong analytical and effective problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding project management principles
- Self-starter who possesses good time management skills
- Fast learner who can adapt to changing requirements
- Flexible and willing to work additional hours when necessary to meet customer and project demands
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline with major course work in computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, or a related field is preferred
- Prior experience (7+ years) as a network engineer
- Certifications in one or more of the following disciplines preferred: Cisco Networking CCN, CCNE, JNCIP or JNCIE.
- ITIL V2/3 Foundation, Scripting: Python, Perl, PHP, and shell are a plus
This Might Be Right For You If:
You’re a self-guided individual with an inner drive to manage multiple projects while collaborating with internal staff, external consultants, vendors, and other stakeholders.
You have strong attention to detail and can prioritize workload across implementation projects and support services.
You bring both creative and analytical approaches to complex problems.
You continuously keep up with new products and enjoy learning about new technologies
Must pass enhanced background check
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- We offer a competitive compensation package with strong benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K program, flexible spending accounts, PTO and holidays – even a cell phone subsidy.
- We foster a culture of appreciation, including quarterly STACK-O-LADES.
- Fun is part of our DNA, with events, game nights, and barbecues.
- We’re growing – this is a great time to join and make an impact!
Notes: Will require travel up to 25%
|Vaccination policy: Denver – They are required to be vaccinated.
Zero cost for individuals and families – Medical Dental
PTO Accrued on Monthly basis