Job Title: Senior Principal Engineer – Cloud & Edge Computing
Location: Englewood, CO or Foster City, CA
Primary responsibilities and skills include the following areas:
- Provide thought leadership on disruptive edge technologies and market trends.
- Drive the development of Edge technology solutions as key architect and development lead.
- Develop production ready code and software products. Preferred technology of choice: GoLang (Backend) and ReactNative (Frontend).
- Work with partners to develop Edge Caching and relevant applications.
- Build and manage micro services based applications, with a solid demonstration of the challenges presented by the architecture including inter-service communication, service discovery, distributed log collection, monitoring and independent scaling of services, etc.
- Work in an Agile environment and exhibit the ability to work in a constantly evolving project, without losing sight of the requirements or the overall vision.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Must have the following:
- 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, master’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in distributed systems architecture and development, and able to code as required.
- 6+ years of professional experience and solid understanding of design patterns and hands-on knowledge in applying these concepts to practical problems.
- Experience in working with distributed systems and building/maintaining highly available applications and services, preferably on a cloud platform such as AWS.
- Hands-on experience in building, designing and using web services, preferably REST APIs.
Nice to have:
- Domain expertise in streaming technologies, protocols, codecs and standards.